Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to create a registration page?

Hello! My name is Apoorva.

I was always looking to create a registration page and a login page so whichever users visiting my website can create an account so that I can have some details about the user who is suring on my website.

So, I wanted something like this >>

1. To create a registration form with the following fields :

Username
    Password
    Email Address
    Address
    Tel
    Occupation
    Hobbies

And then their should be 2 buttons at the end of the page -> Submit , Reset

Then when the user clicks on the Submit button, all of these details should be stored in a Database, say for e.g. Microsoft Sql Server

After this, I wanted to create a Login page wherein a user enters his name and password and clicks on the Login button. As soon as he clicks on the Login button, the website should go to the database and match the username and password entered by the user with the data in the database (In other words, validating Username & Password with the database).

If his username and password matches, then he should successfully login into the website.

If his username does not match, then it should display a message, 'No such Username' and if his password does not match, then if should show a message 'Invalid Password' and provide a link to 'Forgot your Password' page.

Next, I want to create a Forgot your Password page wherein the User is asked to enter his username or email address and if it matches, then the password should be sent to his email address which was provided at the time of registration.
    and he should be displayed a message that an email containing a password has been sent to his email address (The email address should be displayed where the password is sent)

So that's the above all story that I want to put in action.

Now, what I know is :

I need a database such as Microsoft Sql Server.
    I need a web designing software such as Macromedia Dreamweaver MX 2004.
    I need a 24hrs internet.
    I need a new computer say P4 as a server where the database and my website will reside.

What I don't know is :

From where to start.
    What is the method for creating the above work.
    What else is required for creating the above work.
    The entire code for : Login Page, Registration Form, Forgot your password page.
    How to configue the database, connect to the database how to test whether everything is working fine.

So, please can you help me out???

Apoorva.
    ( apoorvasheth******.com )

thank you very much

Comment

Re: How to create a registration page?

Where is the answer?!

Comment

Re: How to create a registration page?

Now, what I know is :

I need a database such as Microsoft Sql Server. Or any other.
        VH provides MySQL with every hosting account.
        I need a web designing software such as Macromedia Dreamweaver MX 2004.
        Or VH's Bluevoda which is for free. However you can only create the forms in this software, the rest is usually in php. Of course, you can use any of the ready made scripts you can find in Internet.

I need a 24hrs internet.
        Why ? do you intend to host your own site ? And please note that this solution is not indicated: a home (or office) connection is too limited. It is acceptable (from the technical point of view) if you expect to only have one or two visitors simultaneously visiting your site. With a larger number, the response will be very slow.

I need a new computer say P4 as a server where the database and my website will reside.
        Yes, but that's not so easy to do. You will need specific software to do that.
        A simple hosting account with VH will solve all of the above issues.

What I don't know is :

From where to start.
        What is the method for creating the above work.
        What else is required for creating the above work.
        The entire code for : Login Page, Registration Form, Forgot your password page.
        How to configue the database, connect to the database how to test whether everything is working fine.
        As said above,
        1. Download BlueVoda (free) here.
        2. Signup with VH for an account.
        3. Search the internet for a login script (there are plenty, though few are working with databases, most of them will work with external files for the data storage)
        4. Watch VH's tutorial on how to setup and manage a MySQL database

Navaldesign
        Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Working...
        X