Ebay - Scam Warning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ebay - Scam Warning

Although I had not recently sold anything on eBay, I was worried at first to receive the email below as I thought someone might have got hold of my ID, and had sold something 'pretending' to be me. I don't sell much on eBay, but I do have a good star rating with them which I did not want to lose.

I thought it might be useful for others to know that first I checked my eBay account and was pleased to see that no official letters had been sent to me. I then emailed the email to eBay, who confirmed it is a spoof email. So if you get this, don't worry.

I received it again today, so suspect it is doing the rounds!

eBay Item Not Received Dispute Opened for Item #6884608151

Dear member :shadow69696 has informed eBay that they have not yet received item 9303607451, K - ***** Verstad, BRAND NEW, UK Size 9.5, Color NAVY.

There are many reasons why this might have happened. Perhaps the item is still in transit, the payment has not yet cleared, or maybe it was accidentally sent to the wrong address. In addition, buyers can sometimes have unrealistic expectations about how much time it can take for payment, postage and delivery. As a result, no action is being taken by eBay at this time.

However, it's important to remember that when you sell an item on eBay you're agreeing to a contract between you and the buyer. If you don't send an item that a buyer has purchased you may be committing fraud.

Most Item Not Received disputes can be solved with direct communication between the buyer and seller, and we encourage you to work with your trading partner to resolve this situation. Click the link below to view and reply to the information submitted by the buyer.

<B>
    Trish
    www.Limebrook.com
    www.MountainWalk.co.uk
    www.MyBeardedDragons.co.uk
    www.TucsonForBeginners.com
    www.Pets4kids.info

Re: Ebay scam warning

Old News, Trish!

These "phishing" scams have been around for a long time, and keep getting better: their use of copied graphics and even layouts still hook unsuspecting/careless users.

It is very prevelant with official looking "Bank" blasts, and be on the lookout for PayPal hooks too - just about anything that can be scoured from websites......

But, thanks for posting a timely reminder for your VodaPeers!
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

acutely my paypal and eBay accounts where stolen for the same scams thank god my balance where 0 on them

Comment

email about concerning ebay product payment which i didn't buy payment was above $ 100 and my account balance was $ 22 , is this possible that you can buy $ 100 product in $ 22 hahahahaha..... , so when ever you recieve such email don't click and login to paypal by their given links for more good information you can visit this site aboutpaypal.org .

Comment

My main source of income is on ebay and I have seen every trick in the book.

The simple rule is that ebay and paypal will never ask for your log-in details within an email.

If at all suspicious then ignore it.

the trouble is people who just start out can get caught.
          www.anxietynomore.co.uk
          The U.K's largest independent site for help with Anxiety and Panic issues.

Buy and Source Wholesale Make Up
          Up to 75% off Branded top end Make-up.

www.firstwebcall.com
          Affordable Website Design.

www.anxietynomore.co.uk/blog

The most active blog on anxiety on the net.

Comment

Re: Ebay - Scam Warning

Thread moved from website reviews.
            Beth
            A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
            SEO - The Basics

Comment

Re: Ebay - Scam Warning

hiding some eggs.........
              Happy Easter!

Comment