Is there a way?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there a way?

In control panel to block your own IP addy from counting towards your stats?

It's obvious to me that every time you simply preview your page in BV that it records as hits in your stats. I only have an "under construction" page up so far, and I've only looked at it maybe 10 times on the actual web, but yet have over 150 hits from my IP addy.

I don't want to block myself from accessing my site on the web, just want to block my own IP addy from showing up in my stats..like you're able to do in Statcounter.

TY.

Re: Is there a way?

Originally posted by Preston
    In control panel to block your own IP addy from counting towards your stats?

It's obvious to me that every time you simply preview your page in BV that it records as hits in your stats. I only have an "under construction" page up so far, and I've only looked at it maybe 10 times on the actual web, but yet have over 150 hits from my IP addy.

I don't want to block myself from accessing my site on the web, just want to block my own IP addy from showing up in my stats..like you're able to do in Statcounter.

TY.
    I don't believe you can, however, ip addresses are shown in the stats and you could figure yours out. Also you will notice it also gives stats for "Unique Visitors" - that means individual people on individual machines, you would be counted as only 1. Also hits, aren't really quite like page hits on your website, hits are actually any element that is on that page, so 10 elements on that page (.gifs, .jpegs.) means 10 hits ...

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Thanks for the reply.

I didn't realize that about how the "hits" were counted..makes more sense to me now why mine are so high.

Comment

Statcounter has just added a feature whereby you can NAME an IP address. Let's say Mom spends alot of time on your site. Assuming she is not using AOL, or any other that changes IP # with each use, you could label her IP address "MOM" and tell at a glance who just visited.

I'm using both stats programs, each has benefits the other doesn't.
        Also, Statcounter is real time.
        Last edited by Debi; 02-28-2007, 10:31 PM. Reason: adding to message
        Debi
        DBoucher-Photography.com

Comment

Working...
        X