Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Creating a c panel for new addon domain

Hi Y'all,
    I just added on a new domain for a client and was wondering how to, if possible, create a different cpanel for this new domain name. If I need to give more info about the userid or anything else, please let me know as I don't want to give out my client's info if it's not absolutely necessary.

Re: Creating a c panel for new addon domain

Hi.

There is no way of doing what you suggest. I'm not sure but I think what you are doing comes under 'reselling' which is not allowed under the VodaHost Terms of Service. Really your client should register for their own hosting package then you transfer the site and supporting files over to them. As I say, I'm not absolutely certain about this so maybe someone else will clarify and correct me if necessary.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

My client has two domain names almadina1.biz and mypersonaloffice.biz. The mypersonaloffice.biz was just purchase two days ago...it's the same person. What he wants to do is basically to have his clients with this new website to have email accounts with the mypersonaloffice.biz account. I will in no way try to violate Vodahost's terms, at least not intentionally.

Comment

Originally posted by AmaDee
        My client has two domain names almadina1.biz and mypersonaloffice.biz. The mypersonaloffice.biz was just purchase two days ago...it's the same person. What he wants to do is basically to have his clients with this new website to have email accounts with the mypersonaloffice.biz account. I will in no way try to violate Vodahost's terms, at least not intentionally.
        I didn't mean to infer that you were intentionally doing anything wrong. You can easily set up any email addresses for the new add-on domain through the original Control Panel. Just click on the Mail icon and then Add/remove/manage accounts. At thebottom is a link for add accounts. Click this and fill out the form. The second field contains a drop down menu. Click the arrow and you should be able to choose your add-on domain name from the list. So you could have sales@mypersonaloffice.biz or whatever you like. Create a password, set the quota and hit create. That's it! You can set up as many as you like.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

This is considered to be public (free or paid for) email service offered through your account and as such, it is not allowed.
          Navaldesign
          Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
          Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
          DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
          Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Why is it not allowed if mypersonaloffice.biz wants to set up e-mail accounts for the business? To my understanding, the account has unlimitted email. What makes this different? And why would you consider this public email?

Ok, let me try to explain this. My Personal Office is a business that has work from home secretaries doing secretarial jobs for businesses. To be more professional, and to monitor the emails for professionalism, my client wants his secretaries to have email accounts that have @mypersonaloffice.biz affixed to their names. I'm finding this hard to believe that this is going against a Vodahost Term, Naval. But if I am, please forward me to the literature so that I can better understand for my future clients.

Comment

Thie line from a previous post is what led Naval to believe it was public email:

What he wants to do is basically to have his clients with this new website to have email accounts with the mypersonaloffice.biz account.
              An account is allowed unlimited email addresses, but they are solely for internal use. So, if your client wants email addresses for employees and the like, that's perfectly fine, but you are not permitted to assign email addresses to people outside the organization.
              My NASCAR Forum

Comment

Thanks, Race Fan. And Naval, I'm not mad at you. lol!

By the way, Naval, is that form processor as complicated as people make it out to be? I downloaded it today in hopes of using it, but am rather patrified because the posts that I'm coming across are making it seem like headache rather than the help that it was made to be. What say you?

Comment

Thank you Race for taking the time to explain. The hour difference between Italy and USA makes it very easy to be online in very strange hours (night in US), but offline during some normal hours (evening or early night in US)

yes, as Race has pointed out, if these are email accounts for internal use, then that's ok, but, as it was phrased, it made me beleive that this was going to be some kind of service offered to the clients through the account.

Form processor?

I beleive that you are talking about ABVFP ? if yes:

ABVFP is (i beleive) very easy to install and use. It would be enough to follow the instructions that come along, TO THE LETTER.

Please note that, the simpler a script is, the easier it becomes to install and use. However, adding features to a script, like spam security, database storing, personalization possibilities, options etc. result always in becoming a bit more complicated. It is excactly the same thing as a computer: if you want it to only perform some standard tasks, the you simply accept it as you buy it. But if you want extra software (like BV, Photoshop, Pixresizer etc) you have to install and configurate it yourself.

ABVFP v2.0 is as simple as that: you create a database and a user (you add the user to the database allowed users list) , you upload all the files to a folder on your site, and you run the installation wizard.

The wizard will ask VERY SIMPLE QUESTIONS: the details about the database you have just setup, the desired username and password, your email and site.

Finished. It will even send you an email, with all the installation details, for archiviation purposes, just like Fantastico does.

A similar wizard asks details about your form. For each thing you must answer, there is a "Help" file, so just click on that and you will get a popup with details about what you must do. All the settings are memorized in the database, and you can change them whenever you like, in under 60 secs.
                  Navaldesign
                  Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
                  DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
                  Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Ok. It sounds great, but what purpose would a person use it for on a website. Bare with me, please. I've only work with forms to gather contact info...that's as far as it goes.

I went into my cPanel and went into the SQL area and I had to get out of there cuz that whole episode was bringing back my migraines. Needless to say, I didn't understand or know what I was doing, so I figured the best thing to do was get out of there before I mess something up.

Anyway, what would the form be used for?

Comment

Forms are the ONLY mean of user inteaction with the website. You can collect contact info as you do, create (automatically, in cooperation with a database) a mailing list, have a survey form, have a cost calculation form (as i have on my site for my clients) etc. Please note that everything that does something based on user's input (other than links and simple buttons) are in fact forms: PayPal's Buy now buttons, are forms. Add to cart buttons (of shopping carts) are forms. View Cart buttons are forms.
                      Other uses: Online Ticket and Hotel Reservations, Signup Requests (as the one you filled in for signing up with VH). The uses are endless.
                      Navaldesign

Comment

Being too technical, Naval

When it comes to designing (i.e. putting things on the page and trying to make everything come together), I can do that. And maybe a little bit of technical stuff. I know what a form is, but at the same time, I REALLY don't know what a form is. I can put a basic form together, but that's as far as it goes.

Database? Where does the database come in?

How possible is it this? Say I have an employment form and someone fills it out and submits it. Right now, the way I create my form, (don't like this part, by the way) when the person submits, the respond comes to my email in a not-so-appealing format. Is there a way for these responses to be stored in a database (there's that word again) where are can collect them and keep all of the responses together...kinda like an access file, where I can run queries and stuff?

I had a feeling that what the SQL area is for and that's why I went there to tweak, but I got lost.

Comment

Yes, have a look at www.dbtechnosystems.com . There you will see plenty of forms that do excactly this: receive the info, check if all the required fields are filled in, perform field validation, then store the info in the database.

To view this info, you can either go through CP, MySQL section, phpMyAmin, which is rather difficult and only for advanced users, or create a database interface (as you can also see it on our site).

As for the email formatting part: to format the email, you need a html email. This is only acheivable if you know some coding, or if you pay someone to doit for you. If you submit from our contact form, you will receive an autoresponder email, with the mail in both plian text and html. Try it to see how it is formatted.
                          Navaldesign

Comment

Going to take a look right now. So, how's Italy this part of the year? My brother was stationed there for a few years. Naples, to be exact.

Are you saying that I can store the responses in a database without using the MySQL section? I know how to make an access database, but who has time for that?

The examples page is not working http://www.dbtechnosystems.com/examples.php

Comment

Italy is just fine, warm, sunny.

No, i'm saying that to store the info in a database automatically, you need to have a form and a script that will automatically upldate the database each time a new submission takes place. The MySQL section of your CP is only for the initial DB creation and user setup. The rest is done by the form script.

After that, yes, you can store the responses there.

To view those responses, you would need a Database Administration Interface. look at my site to see what i mean.
                              Navaldesign

Comment

Working...
                              X