Changing password for forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changing password for forum

Hi,...have installed a forum to my site ,everything was running fine no problems,..I have lost the password to enter admin,.I place my user name in with my email address and it advises that the email does not match user name,..is there a way to change this to gain access?..
    please help have tried everything and have searched for others who have had this problem,..thanks in advance.

Re: Changing password for forum

Can you login to your forum?

Comment

Hi I can get on the forum's home page with a link from my site,..but will not accept the user and password I put in,..can this be changed cheers thanks.

Comment

Did you install through Fantastico if you did did you change the email address in the set up, if not you should use your default email address.
        also check up and lower case spelling.
        if you have no luck and this is a new install try uninstall and reinstall.
        Have you ever logged in to the forum.

Comment

hi there again YES I installed through Fantastico and I have had access into the forum and posted some topics,..just misplaced the details for login,..will try as you advise thanks again for your help .

Comment

when you installed, they should have sent you an e-mail. Do you have that e-mail? In it should be your login info, if I'm not mistaken.

Comment

Originally posted by AmaDee
              when you installed, they should have sent you an e-mail. Do you have that e-mail? In it should be your login info, if I'm not mistaken.
              That's only if he chose the email option, lots of people miss that and wind up in a mess like we're seeing here.
              My NASCAR Forum

Comment

Hi Racefan think you have a good point,..I never recieved a email with details after adding the forum to the site,..What is the best method to gain access uninstall/reinstall..stuck stuck stuck,..any help appreciated thanks.

Comment

Go to your cpanel click the mail icon then under Add/Remove/Manage Accounts check in the main account you may find the email in there.

Comment

Hi there again,...think its best I reinstall a new forum and remove this one,..checked the mail and no confirmed email ,..have tried since yesterday and think this will be the easiest answer..what do you think?thanks Aliens Anonymous

Comment

that will be my route, too. come back and let us know how the forum turned out.

Comment

problem solved with out the need to reinstall...

What I done to preform this and gain access..firstly I went back into my forum and clicked my user name,after displaying the users info ,I selected to send the user a email,this displayed the email address I first placed into my details,..I had recently about 4 weeks ago made another email account in googlemail which I was using and entering in my forum to try and gain access,..So I went into cpanel and added the email address which was being used in my forum which I first placed in there(what I had forgotten about),..
                        open control panel
                        click on mail
                        click on add/remove/manage account
                        add emails from there

recieved new password at new email address and gained instant access to the forum ,..

well now I am in the fun shall start as I want to make some changes including adding a skin...
                        well hope this helps a few who are stuck like I was...Best Wishes all and thanks to the members who helped.

Comment

how do you add a skin?

Comment

Hi AmaDee,....just come back online so will post up if I find a simple solutation as I too get stuck on tasks like this and end up waiting on replies to help me solve the problem,..just some times its a little annoying waiting on answers,.. checking your page every couple of minutes to see if anyone has replied,..well if you find a way then please do post up ,this is my second mission of the day to add the skin,..think this will be a lot easier then the forum access problem,..

Comment

I'm on...

Comment

Working...
                              X