Why Even BOTHER??!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why Even BOTHER??!!

Bare with me, Y'all. I just heard of the most inhumane, despicable, and downright evil thing.

I have a client who runs a charitable organization for people who are trying to get on their feet. You know, helps with shelter, food, clothes, the works. My client told me that for the longest, they have been receiving clothing from a well-known name brand (and don’t get me started -- I would drop their name so fast if I could, but I’m not sure of the regulations here, so for now, let’s just call them that) and before this “company” sends clothing, they take off the tags and any graphics that might link to their company. So, this mean you may have clothing with one arm, pot wholes in them, deformed, got the picture?

I was thinking to myself, what kind of bull **** is that? Why even BOTHER?!!! If you are supposed to be trying to be “charitable” and donate things to help people better themselves, what kind of two-horned-red-eyed demon does that? What has the world come to that people are more concerned with the bottom line than their fellow humans? Really y’all, is that the world we live in? If so, that s**t scares me! Talk about kicking a person when they are down. Oh no, that’s putting it nicely. It’s more like seeing a person starving and right before handing them that lifeline of food, right in front of their frigging face, you spit in it. Yuck! You can have your food AND your heinous looking clothes for all I care. And while you’re at it, you can shove your “charity”.

How the heck is a person supposed to go to an interview in holey clothes? That’s supposed to help them get themselves together, so they won’t need charity. Didn’t think about that now, did you? Here is my bottom line, if you don’t want poor people wearing your clothes, DON’T send them any. They are better off in their raggedy clothes that they are comfortable in than your torn ones.

Re: Why Even BOTHER??!!

Well said Amadee...........I like the "Spit in it" part..........
    Have fun
    Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
    Newbies / Beginners Forum
    FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
    My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
    Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

lol thanks, David. That mess had me fuming.

Comment

I'm with you, I would like to know this group so I would not buy.
        Sharon Chajin

Comment

I'm not sure if I should same the name of the company in this forum. Moderators? Is this allowed?

Comment

The "Company" sounds like an idiotic one that does not have a clue or has something to hide to be doing what they do. Oxfam don't remove badges or motifs from thier clothing so why the hell should the big wigs. if you ask me it's like saying, "these clothes are too good for you, so to make them fit your lifestyle we'll cust holes in them". Not very charitable!!!
            Arcade Ninja - Free Flash Arcade
            FreeGadget4me.Com - Learn how to get free gadgets delivered direct to your door for free

Comment

That's what I said. (and more with some blips) The company is Ralph Lauren (nobody told me I couldn't say the name, Moderators). That's exactly why they put the holes in those rags of theirs. Poor people are not good enough to wear their clothes, they think. But they want them to help with their bottom line, because these "charities" are deductable on their returns.

Comment

Hi Amadee

While I sympathisize with the situation you have brought forth, I can tell you, from my experience in working with the industry in a "used Clothing Retail Market" there are reasons beyond what you realize that this is being done with the clothing.
                It's a rare occasion to find a "name brand" piece of clothiing without something being removed or altered in this fashion. This can depend on where the clothing is being transferred from in the beginning before it hits you. They must keep the standard of their clothing selling at high retail prices at other locations as well. I know I would receive clothing and ******** and I would always find it so strange that the ******** would all appear to have been walked through a muddy pasture before shipping. This is so that the clothing is termed as "used" when going through any customs on that trip. And donating as such needs also to be treated in this regard. I don't think you should feel as though they are just "wrecking the items" before they send it to you. Do you know that Walmart regularly takes huge amounts of inventory "unsold" to local dumping stations and that the employees of these dumping stations are "not allowed" to take these items?? If caught, they are let go. It's unfortunate yes, but no different than the grocery store, at a time when the price of lettuce is high, doesn't reduce it for sale until it is almost wilted ... See what I mean ... Think about the liners of a bottle of pop, pepsi, coca cola, etc., all with those prizes they offer under the liner of the bottle - many people do not even bother and just toss it ... these dumpiing stations are full of these things, again though, if the employee is caught lifting these cap liners, they are let go. I must say that one location, that I know of here in Canada, is Tim Hortons. Fresh donuts daily, and yesterdays are given to food banks and any organization, sports club, or even, just for the mere asking ... and donuts one day old, imo, they are fine.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                1-302-283-3777 North America / International
                02036089024 / United Kingdom
                291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

I hear you, LadyEye, they are all wrong. I just didn't know to what extend, as you have pointed out. I know when I heard my client tell me what was happening with her organization, I went through the roof. I couldn't believe it...I guess I am a little naive, but I would have never guess a person, let alone and huge company like Ralph Lauren, would do such a thing. They are all scumbags, if you ask me.

Comment

This is just not right!!! ... I don't care why they do it!!! I would be honored to give something from my company to people in need and be proud to have my name on it.... Please mail me the name of the company and I will make sure that they do no business with me or any of my contacts. It is about time that this upside down world makes some room for what is good and proper and helpful.

Can we not all,together take hands and make this world a better place for our children? We do not have to except or tolerate evil around us. We should let them know and punish them where it hurts..... there sale's and there public image.Together we are stronger than we realize.We can force them to listen ...or go under..

My heart achkes for these little one's in our society......
                    Let my people go....gaming...

Comment

Amadee, I agree with you, you would think that they would be grateful to have thier clothing worn, if fo r nothing else the advertisement they would get from the labels and the media showing thier generosity.
                      Mike

Any excuse for non performance only weakens the charactor

In God We Trust

Comment

The company, Moses, as I stated before, is Ralph Lauren. My client told me that she's spoke with them and told them not to send her clothes like that and she just received a donation of untampered-with clothing.

That's good for her charity. But what about the others who continue to receive such clothings or the other companies who engage in behavoirs like these and much worse, as LadyEye has pointed out? From now on, I cannot, of sane mind, find myself purchasing ANYTHING Ralph Lauren...I just can't.

I appreciate the comments, Y'all, and sorry it took a while to reply...my computer had a cold (more like a blowout). It crashed two days ago and I've just now gotten it to work.

Comment

Working...
                        X