marketing my site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• marketing my site

My site has been up for at least 6 weeks and no sales yet.............any suggestiions.......

www.makingreatstuff.com
    Beth
    Hello all!!!
    thanks for helping!
    www.makingreatstuff.com

Re: No sales yet??? wonder why?

How much traffic are you getting? What is your marketing plan?

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Re: No sales yet??? wonder why?

traffic i think is slow............i have several banners up,,,,,,i worked hard on my keywords until I got them right...........what were you thinking of???
      Hello all!!!
      thanks for helping!
      www.makingreatstuff.com

Comment

Re: marketing my site

Have you submitted your site to all the search engines and directories?

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Are you working on getting inbound links? Are you doing any marketing at all?

And you say you got keywords right, but your page titles really do need tweaking!

If you'd like, I'll add a link to your store from my link pages on A Child's Palace - but for most others to do this, you're going to have to start a link building campaign of your own and working on reciprocal links, also. Yes, one way links are the best, but you'll get traffic from good, relevant, related links, also.

I had two sales today that came directly from a reciprocal link on another site. It's not just se's that send traffic.
          Beth
          A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
          SEO - The Basics

Comment

thanks Beth that would be fantastic and I'm sure helpful. One thhing I noticed today, my font size on my cart manager add to card buttons has changed and is huge. what causes that???
            Hello all!!!
            thanks for helping!
            www.makingreatstuff.com

Comment

Having a site that people can't find is like having a shop on the moon.

You really need to work to get people to you and search engines are only half the battle. I sell on ebay and have a link to my website through there, also with every sale I pop a Thank you slip in with my web address on. Have you any business cards? Are there any forums related to your subject, where you can get your name about or people maybe intested in what you have to offer. Yes as Beth says get some relevant links from sites.

There are many ways to get people to you, it just takes time and hard work, the days of putting a site out there and hoping people will land on you are gone, there are just too many sites competing.

Maybe try a adwords campaign and see if this works for you, you can pause it at anytime.

By the way the text overlaps on your banner for me, the word 'Special' is hidden under the other text box that starts 'Perfect frames for your baby..'

Regards Paul
              www.anxietynomore.co.uk
              The U.K's largest independent site for help with Anxiety and Panic issues.

Buy and Source Wholesale Make Up
              Up to 75% off Branded top end Make-up.

www.firstwebcall.com
              Affordable Website Design.

www.anxietynomore.co.uk/blog

The most active blog on anxiety on the net.

Comment

thank you for the good advise. why would the text be doing that? It is not doing that for me?
                Hello all!!!
                thanks for helping!
                www.makingreatstuff.com

Comment

The font on your add-to-cart looks normal to me - you didn't change the font size on your computer, did you?

I can't duplicate his seeing an overlap with either IE or Firefox. However I do see that you have a hint of a Stat Counter box hiding at the very top of the page - I'd get rid of that.

And at the bottom of the page, you have a white line running through which looks out of place.
                  Beth
                  A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
                  SEO - The Basics

Comment

thanks so much Beth/ You always have something useful for me. I feel a little more encouraged to just keep pushing forward. I'll have to check. My kids may have changed the font size on this computer. But if they look ok on your end that's all the really matters. How do we go about adding a link to your site for my site??? thanks again very much. Maybe we could talk about my page titles. Discover card has been sticking with me since I got my merchant accout. They want to help me have a successful site which in turn makes them more sales. Have you ever heard of web site Pro? I would be interested in what you think about it......
                    Beth
                    Hello all!!!
                    thanks for helping!
                    www.makingreatstuff.com

Comment

One thing that I have read has helped alot of people is to market their site not just on the web. Send out flyers or business cards with your URL on it to potential customers. That will get your traffic up and maybe some people will link to your site without you even knowing it to build your inbound links. I wish you the best of luck.
                      Best Regards,
                      Alex
                      Surveillance Systems
                      Restaurant POS | Retail POS
                      Free WoW Gold Guide

Comment

thanks for the advise. I have business cards that I send out with my Ebay orders. In fact I have a 4x2 sticker that I put on the frames when they are packaged that says thanks for their order. I also enclose a small packet with about 5 or 6 of my business cards and I ask them if they would share my business with their friends, etc. My ebay store does well it's just trying to get by web site booming! but I do appreciate your good wishes.
                        Beth
                        Hello all!!!
                        thanks for helping!
                        www.makingreatstuff.com

Comment

I can't duplicate his seeing an overlap with either IE or Firefox. However I do see that you have a hint of a Stat Counter box hiding at the very top of the page - I'd get rid of that.
                          Not sure why Beth, but I have tried on two seperate p.c's and have the same result, the word special is hidden under the other banner, you may want to ask and check with others, just to be on the safe side.

Regards Paul
                          www.anxietynomore.co.uk
                          The U.K's largest independent site for help with Anxiety and Panic issues.

Buy and Source Wholesale Make Up
                          Up to 75% off Branded top end Make-up.

www.firstwebcall.com
                          Affordable Website Design.

www.anxietynomore.co.uk/blog

The most active blog on anxiety on the net.

Comment

that is very strange. My sister's pc does the same thing. Wouldn't it be some kind of setting on your pc that would make that happen. I'm not sure who to ask...start a new thread??

Beth
                            Hello all!!!
                            thanks for helping!
                            www.makingreatstuff.com

Comment

Paul,
                              I did start a new thread and after doing some detective work I figured out that it was because you probably don't have the font that I used on your pc and because it was size 48 it defaulted to Ariel which made the last word drop down to the next line. I made my banner thingy a picture using the font that I wanted to and now it seems to be fine. Please check on your pc and let me know...........thanks so much
                              Beth
                              Hello all!!!
                              thanks for helping!
                              www.makingreatstuff.com

Comment

Working...
                              X