A letter from Liberty Names of America

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A letter from Liberty Names of America

For those of you who know, school me please. I received this letter yesterday from Liberty Names of America about my domain name...heck no I am not going to write the WHOLE letter, just excerpt:

Attention: Mapillar ...
    As a courtesy, we would like to remind you that it's time to renew your domain name, which is expiring on June 3, 2007.

DOMAIN INFO:
    Domain Name: Designsbymapillar.com
    Reply Requested by: May 15, 2007

Avoid facing complicaitons with your domain name in the future by renewing and transferring your domain name from your current registrar to Liberty Names of America. Failure to renew your domain name will result in losing exclusive rights to it on the web, and lossing access to your online identity............................

And it went on and on and on. Anybody received something like this? The only thing that saved this letter from going in the trash can was the fact that I wanted to have it on the forum.

Re: A letter from Liberty Names of America

I get these every couple of weeks. Usually at the very end in teensy letters it says this is an advertisement, no action is necessary, or something like that.
    I am a trueblue vodadevotee and do as you did - delete!
    Liz
    www.sebastopolparty.com
    www.raynordescendents.com

Ring the bells that still can ring

Comment

I feel you, Liz...needless to say, it's in the trash now

Comment

Phishing.
        Keeps the garbage bin full.
        Bill