Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adding JPEG background

Hello,

Does anyone know how I can add a background, a JPEG format picture, behind black text?

I would appreciate your input.
    Thanks VH! www.theconfab.net

Re: Adding JPEG background

First of all if you want to use a background image instead of a plain color there are some considerations you should make before doing so:
    • Is the background image discrete enough to not take away the focus from what's written on it?
    • Will the background image work with the text colors and link colors I set up for the page?
    • Will the background image work with the other images I want to put on the page?
    • How long will the page take to load my background
      image? Is it simply too big?
    • Will the background image work when it is copied to fill the entire page? In all screen resolutions?
    After answering these questions, if you still want to add the background image you will need to specify in the <body> tag which image should be used for the background.

HTML Code:
    <body background="drkrainbow.gif">
    Note:
    If the image you're using is smaller than the screen, the image will be *******ted until it fills the entire screen.

If, say you wanted a striped background for your page, you wouldn't have to make a huge image for it. Basically you could just make an image that is two pixels high and one pixel wide. When inserted on the page the two dots will be copied to fill the page - thus making what looks like a full screen striped image.

When you choose to use a background image for the page it is always a good idea to specify a background color as well.

HTML Code:
    <body background="drkrainbow.gif" bgcolor="#333333">

The reason is that until the background image is loaded, the background color will be shown.

If there is too much difference between the background color and the background image, it will look disturbing once the browser shifts from the background color to the image.

Therefore it is a good idea to specify a background color that matches the colors of the image as close as possible.

Hope this helps
    Arcade Ninja - Free Flash Arcade
    FreeGadget4me.Com - Learn how to get free gadgets delivered direct to your door for free

Comment

That's excellent advice offered to you by Mook there ...

I'd just like to add that if after all considered (that Mook pointed out)
      you are able to add an image as the background to your page by just right clicking on your page, and selecting page properties, and choosing the image for the background, this would eliminate the html code step and you may find it easier ....

VodaHost

Your Website People!
      1-302-283-3777 North America / International
      02036089024 / United Kingdom
      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Wow! Loads of information. Thanks very much Mook and Lady Eye. It was much appreciated mate.

Kachano
        Thailand
        Thanks VH! www.theconfab.net

Comment

No worries mate
          Arcade Ninja - Free Flash Arcade
          FreeGadget4me.Com - Learn how to get free gadgets delivered direct to your door for free

Comment

can i import backrounds, buttons, photos, and graphics from my documents into the bluevoda web building system

Comment

Originally posted by mistressdane
              can i import backrounds, buttons, photos, and graphics from my documents into the bluevoda web building system
              yes, just insert them all on your page you are building, as an image, .jpeg and .gif file extensions ....

VodaHost

Your Website People!
              1-302-283-3777 North America / International
              02036089024 / United Kingdom
              291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Working...
              X