getting Stat Counter to work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• getting Stat Counter to work

Anyone working with Stat Counter? I understand the process of burying the code inside my index page but when I open it up in Wordpad, I don't see the word "body" anywhere. Am I in the wrong place?

Thanks
    Bob Morrow
    www.hamiltonhomereview.com

Re: getting Stat Counter to work

You have free stats via your control panel. It is called awstats, chock full of information ...

there is no need to add another stat counter to your web page .... your stats are automatically tracked

And if you are thinking that you would like one to be visible to viewers, well that really is a thing of the past, and alot of members on this board suggest that you do not have a visible stat counter.

Check out your control panel, aw stats, it is a great tool, lots of information for you to view in there about visitors coming to and from your site, and more ....

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

If you really want to add a visible counter, although I don't recommend it you would need to place the counter code into the <body> tag of the index page. What are you opening in wordpad? The index page or the counter code?
      Arcade Ninja - Free Flash Arcade
      FreeGadget4me.Com - Learn how to get free gadgets delivered direct to your door for free

Comment

Please don't add it visible - BUT - YES, I use statcounter on all my stores -

Open each page of BV - right click and go to Page HTML - click on End of Body - paste the code there.
        Beth
        A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
        SEO - The Basics

Comment

Thank you Lady Eye, Mook25 and Bethers. All that advice is valuable and I will attempt to do that. Keep you posted.
          Bob

Comment

Working...
          X