Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• editing a template I made

Hi
    I made my own template and have created a few pages with this template.
    now I want to change a picture on the template that will be reflected ont he various pages that was created with this template. HOW DO I EDIT THE TEMPLATE? I CANT FIND IT?
    Thanks

Morais
    www.moraismiranda.com

Re: editing a template I made

what program did you make the template in??
    Arcade Ninja - Free Flash Arcade
    FreeGadget4me.Com - Learn how to get free gadgets delivered direct to your door for free

Comment

IN BV of course...

Comment

I believe you may be looking for the files that you published for your website ... They are .bvp files and they are found on your computer in the MY DOCUMENTS area .... if you open your blue voda web builder and browse to find the individual file you are looking for, you can then make changes to this template by adding or changing one of the images you have inserted on your template ...

Is that what you are trying to do??

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

No - I know where my files are that I published to my website. I now they are .bvp files. I know this.
          I made a template in BV, and saved as a template. I then used it by hitting New, from template and I made a page and made several pages fromthe same template, so i have the same look of course. Now I want to change one picture or change a hyperlink on one of the menu buttons and want that change to happen on all the pages i made with that template by just adjusting the template. Now i cant find where that template is, for example, I want to open that template and edit it and save it again but I cant find where it is.

Comment

Originally posted by moraism
            No - I know where my files are that I published to my website. I now they are .bvp files. I know this.
            I made a template in BV, and saved as a template. I then used it by hitting New, from template and I made a page and made several pages fromthe same template, so i have the same look of course. Now I want to change one picture or change a hyperlink on one of the menu buttons and want that change to happen on all the pages i made with that template by just adjusting the template. Now i cant find where that template is, for example, I want to open that template and edit it and save it again but I cant find where it is.
            If you made a template in BV, then you could only have saved it as a .bvp file and I would assume you saved this .bvp file by the name of template ... Since you know where your .bvp files are, your template will be there, unless of course you have overwritten this file when you were making other pages. If this is the case, open one of your other pages, clear off the added content, save it again as template ... the page you clear off will remain in the previously saved state ....

However, you cannot make one change on your template and it universally change all of your pages ... changes are needed to be made on each page you created.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Ok .. so tell me, how do I make universal changes?

Comment

Originally posted by moraism
                Ok .. so tell me, how do I make universal changes?

There are several methods to build your menus so that you can make universal changes ...

1) The I frame method, which is not always recommended due to the search engine problems ....

2) The .php method

Neither of these I am all that familiar with. Navel, an administrator of this forum is the expert in these two areas.

I would suggest finding some posts about this written by Navel Design ...

http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/blu...ge-bv-php.html This thread is a good area to start ... hope this helps ....

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Working...
                X