800 by 600???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 800 by 600???

I'm trying to make my page viewable on as many monitors as possible. Now I understand
    that it should be 800 by 600, When i check out my page live
    it looks fine, but when I use another pc with a different monitor, words and photos over lap.
    I thought I would try to make every thing smaller so it would fit inside this 800 by 600, but that means
    the text would even go down to 9pt. However, going to 9pt seems a bit small!
    I find this a little difficult because my monitor is pretty big..and when I use the page builders and
    the rulers, it's like 1/4th of my screen when I set it to 800 by 600 AND I can't fit all the info on there.
    When I go to other pages on line, they seem to have A LOT of info on their page..and their text
    is set to 12pt.
    I HOPE i'm making myself clear..Please help. I want to every one to be able to see my pages.
    Thank you!

Re: 800 by 600???

Have you a link to your page so we can take a look. The webpage should really be 800 wide to fit most screens however you can make it longer it does not have to be set to 600 down. Is this what you meant?
    Arcade Ninja - Free Flash Arcade
    FreeGadget4me.Com - Learn how to get free gadgets delivered direct to your door for free

Comment

yes, that is kind of what I mean..But..when I set it to 800 wide..and my font in BV is set to 12, along with my photos, it just looks SOO Small! I mean, when I set it to 800 wide, I can hardly write a sentance before the text wraps. do you know what I mean?? Other people told me they make a site in a TABLE..so they never have to worry about this kind of thing..and the table addapts to the screen size..
      Anyway, please check it out. THANK YOU SOO MUCH! this is the site
      www.livead.biz
      Live

Comment

The size of the text shouldn't have anything to do with the width of the page. Tables have nothing to do with a site adjusting - that's using a different builder that has those capabilities,and believe me, sites using that have other problems - and that's why many companies and people elect not to use the fluid sites.

Text actually is not recommended to be in wider than about a 300-500 pixel width - and you'll see many sites going to multiple columns of 200-300 width for text - which is easier for people to read than text spanning too wide across a page.
        Beth
        A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
        SEO - The Basics

Comment

OK..thanks guys..BETHERS, So..can you take a look at my page again.and tell me what you think as far as this topic about 800 by 600. Now, it's not 800 by 600, however as I think I said before...i was making a sample page...and I was at a buddys house looking at it..and it was all jacked up. Text was overlapping other text and it just looked like a mess!! but on my pc, it looked great. That's why I started this topic. I want my pages to be seen clearly on every ones pc of course..not just mine. :)
          and if you want to see the page that is screwing up..I didn't change it yet..it's www.livead.biz/lifehelp.html. ON my pc, looks fine..other pc..text is ALL jacked up. THANKS AGAIN GUYS!! :)

Comment

Working...
          X