404 question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 404 question

I created some thumbnail pictures on my website however when I publish it. I went to click on thumbnail to open image in a pop-up window. I got this error message instead:

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /FivePieceCB.jpg on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

anybody with a solution please respond asap!

MH
    www.bellissimoweddingsandevents.com
    creator: M. Hoon
    http://www.bellissimoweddingsandevents.com
    Wedding Planning and Consulting

Re: 404 not found error problem??

One thread per question is sufficient.

On what page are the problem pics?
    My NASCAR Forum

Comment

On the Rentals page, the worked in the preview but after I publish I started to get the error.

MH
      www.bellissimoweddingsandevents.com

Comment

With what program did you create these? The error isn't a 404, it's a 403, which is a permissions issue.
        My NASCAR Forum

Comment

Re: 404 question

I used the BV photo gallery. I will check the premissions though, I'm getting a 404 error. However my friend said that he tried it on his computer and they popped up fine. So maybe it is premissions. I look into it.

Thanks

Comment

They were set to 0644, I changed to 0744 no luck though. Any more ideas.

Comment

Originally posted by MHoon623
              They were set to 0644, I changed to 0744 no luck though. Any more ideas.
              Try 755. If there happens to be a .htaccess file in there anywhere, delete it.
              My NASCAR Forum

Comment

644 is the correct permissions setting for the main images. If you still have problems, check in your CP to see if you have Hotlink Protection enabled. If yes, add your own site in the list of allowed sites.

Goodmorning / goodnight Race!
                Navaldesign
                Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
                Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
                DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
                Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Thanks I found the .htaccess file and deleted it and I check the hotlink protection. Got it to work so thank you.

Comment

hi there, i don't know how to start new thread or ask question in ythis forum. after changing of your ip my website doesn't work. all 4 are working well, but www.heersuperstore.com says
                    Forbidden

You don't have permission to access / on this server.

Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

can someone tell me some cure please.
                    thanks

Comment

Originally posted by drweb
                      hi there, i don't know how to start new thread or ask question in ythis forum. after changing of your ip my website doesn't work. all 4 are working well, but www.heersuperstore.com says
                      Forbidden

You don't have permission to access / on this server.

Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

You may need to download the latest version of blue voda and install it to get your new ip working .....

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                      1-302-283-3777 North America / International
                      02036089024 / United Kingdom
                      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

thanks for ur reply.
                        i have already done that; installed new version of vb.also waited for 2 days as advised.but still getting that error.
                        is there any chance i can claim my loss from vb for not providing not good service?
                        thanks
                        please don ban me this time.

Comment

Dr Web

If you continue to have problems with your account since the change over, why not submit a support ticket to Voda Host where they can personally assist you with your troubles..

I don't believe you have even given an opportunity to look into your problem by the very helpful Voda Host staff ...

I believe this is the step you should take to clarify your problem, not be looking "who to blame" ... perhaps it is a step you are missing or any number of things ...

Please submit your support ticket for the proper help and advice.

Have a great day.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                          1-302-283-3777 North America / International
                          02036089024 / United Kingdom
                          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

thanks a lot

Comment

This is a permissions issue. Connect with Blue FTP, select the folder of the domain that has the problem, and set permssions to 755
                              Navaldesign
                              Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
                              Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
                              DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
                              Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Working...
                              X