Video Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Video Question

I was wanting to know how I could set my site up so that I can have a link to a video that when you clicked on it the Windows Media Player came up with the video?

Currently I have it set up so that when you click on the link it takes you to a new page where the video is embedded in the page and is set up on an auto start. This works o.k but it seems to take a while to load each video, vistors can not dowload the video, and if I make any changes to my page I have to go it to each video and make the changes on that many more pages.

If someone could help me with this that would be great. Its racing season now and we are getting more and more videos and the members are wanting to download the to there computer, so I promised them I would look in to a better way to host the videos.

Thanks,
    Travis
    ID: 11830
    www.steadyracing.net

Forum Menace!

Re: Video Question

Just one suggestion for you ...

If you put each video on it's own page, and then you make a page of the links to the videos that the viewers will be directed to, instead of to the video page, then the user can right click on the link and select, "Save Target As" the video will then download to their own computer and they can watch it there ... You might need to give instructions on your page of links as to how to do this, maybe everyone does not know this technique.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Originally posted by LadyEye
      Just one suggestion for you ...

If you put each video on it's own page, and then you make a page of the links to the videos that the viewers will be directed to, instead of to the video page, then the user can right click on the link and select, "Save Target As" the video will then download to their own computer and they can watch it there ... You might need to give instructions on your page of links as to how to do this, maybe everyone does not know this technique.
      You kind of lost me there. I'm not sure if you looked at my site or not but I currently have each video on it's own page. As for making a page of the links to the videos I'm not quite sure what you are getting at. As it is now I do have a page full of links to the videos but they are links to the pages the videos are on and not the video itself. I'm not sure how to link just to the video.
      www.steadyracing.net

Forum Menace!

Comment

Okay, sorry I'll try again

Yes I see you have your page of links up that will take you directly to the video page, if they want to view it on your site ... so that is good and you can leave that as an alternative.

What I am suggesting is this ...

If you upload via your ftp manager each video ... and remember the names of the videos, then you would apply the links as http://www.steadyracing.net/nameofvideo instead of http://www.steadyracing.net/video1.html

you would also add the file extension of the video at the end of the link, this would then enable the user to right click and download to their computer, or view it by double clicking ...

Ask again, if I am still unclear ...

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

I was busy most of the weekend but I'll see if I can figure that out sometime in the next couple of days.
          www.steadyracing.net

Forum Menace!

Comment

Originally posted by BLK306
            I was busy most of the weekend but I'll see if I can figure that out sometime in the next couple of days.

Well now I am gonna call you a "slacker" lol ....

No, it's pretty easy, just upload your video via your ftp manager and then insert the link to it ... just remember what you've named the video and what the file extension is ... if you can't remember, go up into your public_html directory through your control panel, and find it, and then you can add the link accordingly ...

Good Luck!!

VodaHost

Your Website People!
            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Working...
            X