I need a place to hide....Why me!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need a place to hide....Why me!

I went for a meal with my partner on saturday and had an awful meal, it was 'you live and learn, wont go there again type of meal'. On the way out I saw someone I vaguely know, but never spoke with, so I nodded politely and went on my way.

The very next day I saw the bloke at the bar in my local pub.

He Said;

"Hi there, did you enjoy your meal in when I saw you yesterday?"

"No it was awful, the vegtables were rock hard, the gravy was cold and the meat was so chewy, it was the worst meal I have ever had"

"Oh right well I will tell my wife, she is the chef down there!"

This is not the first time I have wanted the ground to swallow me up.
    www.anxietynomore.co.uk
    The U.K's largest independent site for help with Anxiety and Panic issues.

Buy and Source Wholesale Make Up
    Up to 75% off Branded top end Make-up.

www.firstwebcall.com
    Affordable Website Design.

www.anxietynomore.co.uk/blog

The most active blog on anxiety on the net.

Re: I need a place to hide....Why me!

Paul, think of it as you doing them a favour! Hopefully now they will sort the food out!

Leave the ground where it is. Its not going to swallow anyone up. But I know how you feel.

Take care
    Teri

Comment

Ha Ha Teri you are right, it would have been far less embarassing if I had known the guy. There was just this long awkward silence after he said it, if I were him I would have kept it to myself and had a quiet word when he got home....But there you go, taxi for Paul.
      www.anxietynomore.co.uk

www.firstwebcall.com

Comment

You aint wrong there mate! I would have been like "haha, ah fair enough" and walked off. By the way, Your pic- I love it! What a classic episode!

Comment

By the way, Your pic- I love it! What a classic episode!
          Yes I wanted a fools and horses avatar for ages but could not find one, so this is here to stay. I actually had a choice of this one and the falling down the bar episode, both classics.

I love them all and never tire of seeing them.
          www.anxietynomore.co.uk

www.firstwebcall.com

Comment

Haha. Indeed. Thank God for UKGold showing them all the time! I also have many videos and dvds. Never tired of them!

Comment

I feel your pain, Paul! As it is, I find it hard to walk with my foot in my mouth! Happens way to often for me.
              Vicki

www.staceygoldendesigns.net

Comment

Guess what Paul

I later talked to that "bloke" lol, (luv that word btw) and he said

"he was only joking with you"

So there you have it ....

lol

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                1-302-283-3777 North America / International
                02036089024 / United Kingdom
                291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

"bloke" lol, (luv that word btw)
                  Ha, Ha, Holly you are not the only one from the other side of the pond to say they like that word, I keep forgetting that certain words maybe different....

So the guy was joking hey....Mmmmm you have me wondering now!!!

I better go back next week for a meal and pretend I was only joking lol...No I could'nt it truly was awful and she might put something in my starter, I was taught very early never to criticise a woman and her cooking!!
                  www.anxietynomore.co.uk

www.firstwebcall.com

Comment

lol Paul ... yeah words all different eh!!

Yes, well I would definitely stay clear of that restaurant, when you have to pay for a meal, as opposed to your mom or another making you eat it free, it even tastes worse ....

I think he was just pulling your leg, but who knows. I wouldn't really worry about it though, because you spoke the truth, and at that point it didn't matter who was doing the cooking right!! If it was terrible it ws terrible ...

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
                    02036089024 / United Kingdom
                    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Hey Paul: Things are different all over the world and obviously people are different. When I go out to eat and PAY for a meal, if I am not happy with it (sounds like yours was terrrible), I call over the manager right then and there...give them the opportunity to make it right or at least inform them of the specific problems with the meal. Ususally they will give me something better, or don't charge me for it, if it's just a bad place to eat. If that was the case....then the conversation with the guy the next day, could have been much different....

But hey....I have been known to be the Queen of the "foot in mouth syndrome" on a number of occasions!

Don't worry about it...."Stuff Happens", find something positive to dwell on now! Go out to a resturant you know has good food and dwell on how wonderful that is!!
                      Cindy Smentowski

Comment

Hey Paul: Things are different all over the world and obviously people are different. When I go out to eat and PAY for a meal, if I am not happy with it (sounds like yours was terrrible), I call over the manager right then and there...give them the opportunity to make it right or at least inform them of the specific problems with the meal. Ususally they will give me something better, or don't charge me for it, if it's just a bad place to eat. If that was the case....then the conversation with the guy the next day, could have been much different....

But hey....I have been known to be the Queen of the "foot in mouth syndrome" on a number of occasions!

Don't worry about it...."Stuff Happens", find something positive to dwell on now! Go out to a resturant you know has good food and dwell on how wonderful that is!!
                        That's my problem when eating out Cindy, I have had a few bad meals and never say anything, not a case of confidence as I usually always say what I am thinking. I just prefer to put it down to experience and not go again.

And I wont worry about it, it makes me smile and cringe at the same time, its not the first time I have opened my mouth and wish I had'nt and I am sure it won't be the last
                        www.anxietynomore.co.uk

www.firstwebcall.com

Comment

Karel,
                          I wouldn't worry about it, if his wife was the "chef", then you did them a favor. If it was a sizable retaraunt, then it may not have been her that made it, but one of the lackies. Go to the corner and have some fish and chips.
                          Mike

Any excuse for non performance only weakens the charactor

In God We Trust

Comment

Working...
                          X