X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transparency within an Inline Frame

Hi there,

I would really appreciate somebody's help with the following:

I have created an inline frame and linked it to a file containing text which appears perfectly well within the frame, except for the colour behind each line of text which shows itself as white.

I have been able to make the spaces in between the text paragraphs transparent so that you can see the background picture, but each actual sentence of text is sitting on a white background even though the text box properties background colour is set to 'automatic' which I read somewhere should mean transparent.

Also, if anyone is clever enough to work out the answer to that one, are you also able to tell me how to change the colour of the scroll bars in an inline frame (which doesn't appear to be the same as when doing so for a whole page).

Thanks to anyone with any suggestions.
    Scoop

sukharah.com

Re: Transparency within an Inline Frame

Hi, to get rid of the background text highlighting.
    • Highlight the text you wish to change.
    • Click on Background colour button (next to text colour button) & then click on reset background.

This should clear the text background to transparent. Save & republish.
    Must admit this would be better named as text background colour or even highlight colour. (Confusing)

As for the scroll bars? Right click on the page you have placed the I frames on & select page properties/scrollbars, and adjust from here.
    This wont work with all browsers, but will with IE.

Good luck.
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Thank you so much for your help. I am really grateful!! The changing of the text background colour has worked perfectly. The scroll bars issue is obviously to do with my browser as that hasn't been solved with your suggestion, but my main frustration was definitely the text so I am now one happy user thanks to you.

Scoop

Comment

Originally posted by Scoop
        Thank you so much for your help. I am really grateful!! The changing of the text background colour has worked perfectly. The scroll bars issue is obviously to do with my browser as that hasn't been solved with your suggestion, but my main frustration was definitely the text so I am now one happy user thanks to you.

Scoop
        Always a pleasure for a thank you!.

Good luck.
        Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Working...
        X