Screen Resolution problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Screen Resolution problem

Hi all, I was hoping that someone could help me out. The screen resolution I am using is 1152 by 864 pixels, or the third one along on the bar. Now, it's ok, but when I change the screen resolution higher so everything becomes smaller, I get one and a half backgrounds, on the other hand if I change the screen resolution the opposite way, so everything becomes larger, I have to side srcoll a bit to see the whole page. What I have seen with sites on the web is that when you change the screen resolution, it kind of fixes to whatever size you change the screen resolution to, so I would like to know how I can do this if it is possible.

Thanks

Re: Screen Resolution problem

If you are using bluevoda then try using 800/900 width and centre the page in page properties.
    If you are using Soholaunch then soho will automatically resize the screen for you...................
    Have fun
    Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
    Newbies / Beginners Forum
    FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
    My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
    Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

And there are another world of problems that sites have using the fluid templates. As David said, BV does not utilize fluid templates. Soho has some of both. Fluid templates will keep the background, but remember, then the whole page changes how it looks when text all of a sudden is going way across the screen or a centered picture now has tons of white space on both sides that it wasn't designed to have.

Both have plusses and minuses - both can be worked with. But no matter which one you're working with - you have to remember that the design has to be made to a certain resolution - and it will not look the same to others in any other resolution.
      Beth
      A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
      SEO - The Basics

Comment

you can look through the MSDN website somewhere, can't remember, for a small script (javascript?) that you can place on your webpage that will check the visitor's current screen resolution. You can do this with php too, if I am not mistaken.

then you could also make separate CSS (Cascading Style Sheets) for the resolutions your pages are most viewed in. These can be loaded to your page via script depending on thier screen resolution.

I also have seen some advanced use of Adobe's ImageReady CS to accomplish similar results using javascript and some of ImageReady CS's built-in features, but I personally wouldn't suggest this route for beginners of Adobe ImageReady CS or PhotoShop CS.
        Robert
        www.GraphXntrix.com
        Your Visual Revolution Solution

Comment

Working...
        X