Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Importing image with transparent background

Hi,
    I have created an image in photoshop that I want to import into into bluevoda. However, to keep it's background transparency it needs to be " "saved for web" as a png file, but bluevoda does not seem to recognise the png format. Is there any way around this problem?
    http://www.jamesbartondesign.com

Re: Importing image with transparent background

If the file has been exported i think you should be ok to rename the file with a .jpg or .gif extention which should cause no problems. Try that and upload into BV and see how it goes i.e does the transparency stay transparent? let us know
    Arcade Ninja - Free Flash Arcade
    FreeGadget4me.Com - Learn how to get free gadgets delivered direct to your door for free

Comment

Hi Mook 25,
      I saved for web as a png file in my bluevoda files. Then tried to open image in a voda page. Message "image not found". Then tried changing file extension to jpg: warning message to the effect that "changing file type may destabilise the file, do you want to continue"? Said "yes". Unfortunately when trying to load the image I still get an "image not found" message. Whilst bluevoda is easy to use I think I am going to have to go back to dreamweaver for the sheer flexibility it offers. There's very good reasons why it costs an arm and a leg to buy!
      http://www.jamesbartondesign.com

Comment

Hi Proactive... Save for Web in Photoshop... adjust it to look the way you want ... then save as a gif into you BV Images... That will get it where you want... remember to use gif; when bringing transparancies over to use in BV WebBuilder... Doug

Comment

Yup, .gif is the way to go!

Comment

I agree. Gif allows transparent background. and dreamweaver = suck compared to BV and what it offers. Lol.
            Best Regards,
            Alex
            Surveillance Systems
            Restaurant POS | Retail POS
            Free WoW Gold Guide

Comment

Working...
            X