Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PDF Question

Hello,
    I cannot seem to publish more pdfs on this site http://www.sykoheil.com/?mod=lectures,
    i get the following error message
    Warning: filesize() [function.filesize]: Stat failed for lects/xp_backup_restore_pr (errno=2 - No such file or directory) in /home/paqgjyds/public_html/lectures.php on line 22
    is there a limit to the number of pdfs I can link on one page? or something else!
    Looking forward to hearing from you
    Alex Seif
    Alex Seif

Re: Problem on the website

This is not a problem of number of files. Your script fails in retreiving the file size, beacuse it can NOT find the file. You should search the problem on HOW you have linked the file (filename)
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Re: PDF Question

I thought I linked my pdf files (Acrobat Adobe files) properly, but when I published my site, they don't work.

How do you link text to a pdf file?

Thanks in advance,
      rdcrowley

Comment

Highlight the text and select the link tool. Then, select Link Type http, and link like: http://www.sykoheil.com/filename.pdf
        Navaldesign
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

That's what I've been doing, but it tells me it can't find the page.

Any ideas??

Comment

What's your file ?
            Navaldesign

Comment

I found the problem but don't know how to fix it. The problem is my pdf's aren't published. My question is how do I publish them? Blue Voda won't let me pull them up into Blue Voda so I can publish them.

Comment

Lady Eye told me to "upload the pdf via your ftp manager and then just apply the link to your page". I hate to sound stupid, but what's a ftp manager? I'm sure I have one, just not sure what program it may be.

Comment

Never mind, I found it in the tool bar of Blue Voda.

Sure can tell this is my first web page to design.

Sorry!!!

Comment

Yeah, just go to cpanel for BlueVoda and use either FTP or file manager. I like file manager but that's personal preference. You can create the file and enter the file where you want it to be. Then upload the file. Then if you click on it, it will show you the URL to that file on the right side.
                    Best Regards,
                    Alex
                    Surveillance Systems
                    Restaurant POS | Retail POS
                    Free WoW Gold Guide

Comment

Thank you,
                      but I can't seem to be understainding that I had the same problem since a lot of pdf's have been posted before shall I see that the script is checked maybe there is an overflow?
                      I can find the file on the ftp, its just like you say at first it's not correctly linked.
                      Any material you could reference for me would be gr8.
                      Thnx
                      Alex Seif

Comment

Hello there,

I'm also having trouble getting PDF files to display properly on my website - is there a step-by-step tutorial for this process?

Thanks in advance.

Comment

...hello?

Comment

Simply upload the pdf file on your site, and then link it from whatever page you want (text link, or image, or menubar, or whatever other link you like).

If the user has Adobe acrobat on his computer, it will automaticaly open and display the linked file.
                            Navaldesign

Comment

OK thanks, I'll give it a go now.

Comment

Working...
                              X