Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tables--fonts available, resizing last row or col?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tables--fonts available, resizing last row or col?

Hi . . . just a couple of questions about creting tables in BV:

1) Once I've created a table, it appears Arial is the only font I can use in the cells. Is that true, or am I missing how to choose fonts within cells?

2) I have no trouble resizing a row of column of cells UNLESS it is the last row or column currently on the table. When I try to grab an outer edge of a last row or column, the whole table moves instead of just the edge I want to reposition. The only solution seems to be inserting a row or a column so that the row/column I want to resize is no longer the last row or column. Seems like there must be an easier way around the problem than that. THANKS.

Re: Tables--fonts available, resizing last row or col?

Hey Jim

you have the option of choosing any font that is on your computer. Simply, double click on a cell that has text.

Then highlight the text and then choose the font you want from you font menu above.

* remember that choosing other fonts may not be visible to ALL viewers so it would be safe to stay with a font such as "Arial, Helvetica, New Times Roman or Sans Serif.

Hope this helped!

Comment

i hope I can explain this correctly....about the table sizing issue.

The best practice for sizing table rows and columns in BV...

After the table is inserted to the page...PLACE THE TOP LEFT POINT (the little blue square) of the table where the top left of the fINISHED table would end up.....for the most part that point shouldn't even move once you put it where it needs to be.

Now, to keep it simple...forget about all the blue sizing squares EXCEPT ONLY TWO... the one on the RIGHT-edge-middle:
      [ | ]
      - + - <-----this one.. and THEN the BOTTOM-edge-middle
      [ | ]

Start sizing table by completely shrinking the table to it's smallest size using only these two handles....make sure the top-left is where you want it.

use these two handles and strecth OUTWARD or DOWNWARD until the CELL intersecting the LAST ROW/COLUMN is at the desired height for the last row and width for last column.

then simply repeat the process ....GRAB THE NEXT VERTICAL EDGE (IN THE MIDDLE..STILL) and stretch outward like previously done. same for the middle handle of the next horiz. edge of the next row upward. until you are done.

hope this made sense. I dunno, i think of stretchin' pizza dough..or adjusting a tennis racquet.
      Robert
      www.GraphXntrix.com
      Your Visual Revolution Solution

Comment

Danny is correct on the fonts

Robert is correct to....however, I know what you mean about the last column. It's like you can grab the vertical bars in the middle of the table and resize each of those inside columns, but you cannot grab the last vertical line and resize JUST the last column without all the columns changing. I don't have an answer for you, but just thought I'd try to rephrase the problem. Anyone have an answer for this?
        Cindy Smentowski

Comment

Thanks to all of you for your excellent advice! I have not yet had a chance to try out these tips but if I have any add'l questions I will be back to post more to this thread. Thanks again.

Comment

Don't have an answer for the BV table. I make all my tables in FrontPage and paste them into an html block. I make sure that I take care of all the changed I want while in FrontPage before I paste the table. I add different fonts and coloring if I want it before I put it in BV.

I do know enough html to make some changes while in the BV html block though.
            Simply Quit - Smoking

Comment

for BV tables...after you insert the TABLE...grab the bottom-right drag handle and make the TABLE as small as it allows (preferrably, use the side handle and the bottom handle to adjust the height and width).

size the LAST COLUMN's WIDTH first by dragging the TABLE'S right-middle drag handle(the table's border). you will have to use the ruler,guides, or my personal favorite......shapes....to let you know when it's at the desired width. Now, drag the TABLE's bottom-middle drag handle down to size the LAST ROW's HEIGHT

AFTER this..use the last row's top border and the last column's LEFT border to adjust the remaining columns and rows. AS LONG AS YOU DO NOT USE THE TABLE BORDERS TO RESIZE, all will be a piece of cake.

Just remember that the last column and row are sized using the TABLE borders (side for HEIGHT, bottom for WIDTH). Once you start using the the column and row borders INSIDE the TABLE you will notice that the last column and row will remain the same size and move with your adjustments.

Keep in mind that you may need to adjust your HEIGHT and WIDTH to compensate for cell spacing, borders, padding,etc...if table needs to be a fixed height and width.

After alot of frustration, I finally spent about 10 minutes in BV with nothing but a blank page and 5 x 5 Table. I found my answer...

...discovering some sizing RULES of the BlueVoda Table. hehe, should have seen the look on my face.
              Robert
              www.GraphXntrix.com
              Your Visual Revolution Solution

Comment

Working...
              X