Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh, I feel so dumb!

Hi friends,

I am completely LOST. I want to create a new webpage, (not linked to my others) but I have no idea how to do that. I watched and read the tutorials, but I am not grasping it. How do I know which IP address to use? How do I know what my cp password is? (There is a whole list)
    Do those all belong to me? How do I know which one to choose?

Thank you in advance. I will probably be asking more questions soon. Thank you all so much for always being there to guide me.

Thank you again,

Juliann
    http://juliannnewton.com/

Re: Oh, I feel so dumb!

Hi Juliann,

When you paid for your Vodahost account you should have received an email that would contain answers to the current questions you have with the exception of how to build a new page that is not linked to the others.
    Simply Quit - Smoking

Comment

Originally posted by julin66
      Hi friends,

I am completely LOST. I want to create a new webpage, (not linked to my others) but I have no idea how to do that. I watched and read the tutorials, but I am not grasping it. How do I know which IP address to use? How do I know what my cp password is? (There is a whole list)
      Do those all belong to me? How do I know which one to choose?

Thank you in advance. I will probably be asking more questions soon. Thank you all so much for always being there to guide me.

Thank you again,

Juliann
      If I understand you correctly, what you want is a new website. This is pretty straightforward to do and begins with you buying a new domain name. Once you have purchased a new domain name you go to your Control Panel and add it as an add-on domain, point the DNS, wait for propogation and then your good to go just like you did with your first site. You would publish to public_html/name_of_new_domain but using the same CP username/password and IP address as you have already. It would look like www.mynewdomain.com

Alternatively you can create a sub-domain. This would look like www.mysubdomain.myexistingdomain.com but would be seperate from your original one in all else.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
      1-302-283-3777 North America / International
      02036089024 / United Kingdom
      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Juliann, this same question has been answered here:

You dont have to start another thread if your questions revolve around the same subject.

Just post again in the same thread and we will keep helping you as much as we can..................

I once read that the dumbest question was the one you didnt ask.......lol
        Have fun
        Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
        Newbies / Beginners Forum
        FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
        My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
        Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

Thank you for all of your help.

I guess what I don't get is, to create a new webpage, do I need a subdomain or can I do it under my same domain name?
          What is a subdomain and what exactly are they used for?

Thanks so much,

Juliann

Comment

Originally posted by julin66
            Thank you for all of your help.

I guess what I don't get is, to create a new webpage, do I need a subdomain or can I do it under my same domain name?
            What is a subdomain and what exactly are they used for?

Thanks so much,

Juliann
            If you just want a single page for purposes that are not connected to your main site then you can just create a webpage in the same place as your others but don't link to it from your other pages and vice-versa. It will then operate as a standalone page to those you give the URL to. The URL would carry the id of your main site though as it would be something like www.juilannnewton.com/newwebpage.html so it would be pretty obvious that it was part of a bigger site. If this meets your needs then just build your new page and publish it the same way as you did your others.

A sub domain is like a folder of your main site and the URL to the index page would look like www.newsubdomain.julieannnewton.com/index.html.

An add-on domain, whilst still being part of your main account and working similarly in that it's, again, a folder of your main site. The difference is that it operates as a standalone site as you'd buy a new domain name so an index page URL would look like www.newdomainname.com/index.html.

You can learn more about sub domains and add on domains by entering the terms into the search bar (at the top of the page) and doing a little reading - both topics have been covered many times on this forum.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
            1-302-283-3777 North America / International
            02036089024 / United Kingdom
            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Working...
            X