No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi,

I was wondering for my site, how could I make or get a page where you be able to register an account, get emailed about it with your details & info, & then a log in page to log in to your account.

All help is appreciated.

Thanks.

~~~
    Haldir

Re: Log In & Register Pages.

Originally posted by Haldir
    Hi,

I was wondering for my site, how could I make or get a page where you be able to register an account, get emailed about it with your details & info, & then a log in page to log in to your account.

All help is appreciated.

Thanks.

~~~
    Haldir

Sounds to me like you may be wanting to create a "password protected directory". Use the search feature and type in "password protected directory" and you will find the thread containing the details to do so.
    You then publish any pages to that directory, that you would like the user to have to apply a password to get into those pages.

In so far as how to do this. You could make an email based form on your website, telling viewers this is where they can sign up to be able to receive the password and user name to the protected area of your site. Once you receive the email, you would then respond to them in an email with the password and username to enter that area of your site.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

I dont think a password protected directory is what haldir needs. Try some of the content managment systems that you can install with fanastico. They allow your users to register, it will email them the information they registered with and will let them log in. It will also allow you have only show content to people who have registered.

Register/Login Script
      Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

Originally posted by Watdaflip
        I dont think a password protected directory is what haldir needs. Try some of the content managment systems that you can install with fanastico. They allow your users to register, it will email them the information they registered with and will let them log in. It will also allow you have only show content to people who have registered.
        Ah, yes, that's what I've been looking for.

Thanks Watdaflip.

~~~
        Haldir

Comment

Ok, then have a look at http://www.dbtechnosystems.com/logginexamples.php
          Navaldesign
          Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
          Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
          DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
          Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Working...
          X