Iframe/Excel Preview/Publish Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Iframe/Excel Preview/Publish Problem

I have read all the posts I can find on the subject and I can not see that I am doing anything wrong.

1. I created an Excel spreadsheet, viewed it as a web page and it looked fine. So i saved itf or the web and i created a file with file type htm.

2. I used BV FTP to uplaod the file to my public_html folder.

3. In BV I created a new page and inserted an iframe. In the iframe I referenced the following URL: http://www.75.126.169.138/public_html/ADPhotoOrder.htm. I then saved the page.

4. When I preview the page, I can see the iframe with its scroll bars, but inside the frame I get the standard message "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage" window. I also get the activex blocked message, but allowing the blocked activex dosn't solve the problem. I went ahead and published the page, but clicking on the published html file results in the same problem.

The only thing I can think of is the speadsheet does have a list box and a lookup box incorporated, but these are standard functions.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Iframe/Excel Preview/Publish Problem

You should use your website name- not the IP address.

For example: http://www.yoursitename.com/ADPhotoOrder.html

And the extension should be .html (NOT .htm)for both the AdPhotoOrder page and the Excel page being viewed inside the I-Frame.

Post your website name (URL) so we can take a look for you.

Andy
    PHP- is a blast!

Comment

Andy
      Thanks for your help. I'll give it a try.

As for my URL, I have just started development and frankly, I'm embarassed for anyone to see it this time. I will be happy to post it when it looks better.

Comment

Rondeprez-

No worries mate. I understand. Sorry for not getting back sooner to ya.

See ya on the forum.

**Don't worry- you'll do just fine with the web-site.

Andy
        PHP- is a blast!

Comment

Working...
        X