New lightbox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New lightbox

BV 9 is definately an improvement, I especially like the lightbox although after republishing my site with the new lightbox, when clicking on the thumbnail the lightbox, slideshow doesn't seem to be working. It does, however, work ONLY on my computer and when checking on a different computer it doesn't ?????
    Any tips?

Thanks,
    Tomissan

I just realized I may have posted this in the wrong place....sorry.....
    Thai House Plans
    Interior - Exterior, 3D Design

www.Thai-Land-House.com

Re: New lightbox problem

The lightbox works perfect for us, please provide a link to the page and we will click on the pics, could be a issue with your pc.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Re: New lightbox

I just realized that until the site is fully loaded, when clicking on a thumb, the enlarged photo works the same as the gallery. ...after the site is loaded then it works ok, the slideshow that is...

The link: www.thai-land-house.com

thanks a bunch...
      tomissan

www.Thai-Land-House.com

Comment

Hi, you page size is massive in KB’s actually over 6meg. You need to get each of your images down to about 50-60 KB max. Personally I would place a really nice single image of a Thai house on the front page & place these on a page inside the site. Front page should really be no more than 200kb to keep visitors happy. Normally if a front page takes to long to load, I leave. Good luck. PS. If you do want to keep this page, I would suggest a loading bar to indicate it’s a large page.
        Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Thanks Chris for your advice.
          I will resize the photos and put them on a different page.
          Where would I find a "loading bar" to use on the site?

Cheers,
          Tom
          Thai House Plans

www.Thai-Land-House.com

Comment

Hey Tom, you must have been working on your lightbox? I checked out your site and it looks great! Haven't seen it since your first started. The lightbox effect works well and fast for me. I have IE and high speed, and this feature worked great! You must have resized your pics already?

Sorry, I don't know anything about loading bars but I'm sure Chris or someone will post something for you here.
            Cindy Smentowski

Comment

Hi Tom!
              I forgot to mention the link below for your images. You can actually get them down to about 20KB (sorry) http://tools.dynamicdrive.com/imageoptimizer/index.php
              Its a real handy tool.
              I atualy got your's down to about 17kb. You have 2 more images need doing. (The bottom 2 on the left are about 450kb). If you get these down to the size of your other ones, you can try them out on the link above & see how much more you can push them without loosing quality. (The images have to be under 300kb to use this tool)
              The link on that other bit of script for showing a loading bar before the page loads is at this link. http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamici...eloadimage.htm

Good luck.

PS. Like the use of the new image tool from BV.
              Regards Chris.

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

thanks 'dreamlady' for the kind words. I'm still working on it, hope to have some more pages added soon.
                'Chris', thanks for the tips. I reduced all of the pics in pixresizer and they're down to about 33kb although now I noticed that the first three on the bottom row are very small in the lightbox, don't have a clue what caused that...I'm using Firefox, maybe the pics are full size in IE.....Cheers,

tomissan

www.Thai-Land-House.com

Comment

Originally posted by Tomissan
                  thanks 'dreamlady' for the kind words. I'm still working on it, hope to have some more pages added soon.
                  'Chris', thanks for the tips. I reduced all of the pics in pixresizer and they're down to about 33kb although now I noticed that the first three on the bottom row are very small in the lightbox, don't have a clue what caused that...I'm using Firefox, maybe the pics are full size in IE.....Cheers,

tomissan

Hi, when you place the original image in the pixresizer, tick the 100% box, it will reduce the kbs & keep the original size. The only thing with p/resizer is you can only drop the kbs once.
                  Regards Chris.

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Re: New lightbox feature

The concept of the Thai house is exactly what I am looking for. I would be interested in knowing how that web site (light box component) was created. I love the fade in whith the transparent black overlay with the enlarged photo.

Any input or suggestions would be great!

Thanks!

Danny

Comment

Re: New lightbox feature

Originally posted by Danny Canada
                      The concept of the Thai house is exactly what I am looking for. I would be interested in knowing how that web site (light box component) was created. I love the fade in whith the transparent black overlay with the enlarged photo.

Any input or suggestions would be great!

Thanks!

Danny
                      Its free in the new BV 9.3
                      Regards Chris.

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Hi Tom,

Your site is looking good. You have some code showing in the uppper right corner after your header.

I like the colors and the way you set it up. I have IE7 and highspeed internet. Your site loaded pretty fast for me.

Good job!!
                        Simply Quit - Smoking

Comment

Hi Ace,
                          thanks for the generous words.
                          I can't see any code up in the right hand corner ??

Your salmon site is excellent, had me and the wife mezmorized. We love smoked salmon, living in northeast Thailand we don't see any....

Tom
                          thai-land-house.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, thai-land-house.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

Thai House Plans

www.Thai-Land-House.com

Comment

Just realized the code you mentioned is the "time and date" html
                            It appears ok in firefox...

Tom

Thai House Plans

www.Thai-Land-House.com

Comment

Like ace i have IE7 and i can see some code too, but your time and date box appear fine. This code is partially hidden by your header. Ive included a screenie so you might figure out whats up:

Comment

Working...
                              X