X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Switch On/Off ?

I'm woundering if it is possible to add a button to
    switch the music on and of?

If so can someone tell me how to do this?

Thanks in advance...

Re: Switch On/Off ?

Hi... There are a bunch of threads on the subject here http://vodahost.com/vodatalk/search.php?searchid=338149
    and... If you use Media Player - the command html is
    <embed src="YourSong.mp3"
    width="280" height="15" autostart="false" loop="FALSE">
    </embed>... and place this text in the HTML of the Player...and the file name in properties ...The start... and .. stop butons will appear....You can also size the player width and height... to look the way you want... Hope that helps
    Doug

Comment

Originally posted by dougnez
      Hi... There are a bunch of threads on the subject here http://vodahost.com/vodatalk/search.php?searchid=338149
      and... If you use Media Player - the command html is
      <embed src="YourSong.mp3"
      width="280" height="15" autostart="false" loop="FALSE">
      </embed>... and place this text in the HTML of the Player...and the file name in properties ...The start... and .. stop butons will appear....You can also size the player width and height... to look the way you want... Hope that helps
      Doug

Sorry mate but I'm new on this Html codes, and your explanation looked rather confusing to me my friend...

I'm talking about the normal site background music, that you add to the page when you're building it with Voda web builder...

Can you add this explaining a litle more easy to understand for someone that just doesn't know hopw to do it!

Also the link you provide doesn't lead me anywere!!!

Thanks in advance

Comment

Hi JC

I believe what you are doing is adding sound to the background of your pages, doing so in page properties, correct??

What Doug is saying to do, instead of applying music to the background of your pages via the page properties (which by the way you cannot control turning on or off this way)

He is instead recommending you use the windows media player icon found on the left side of your blue voda web builder. This will insert a music player on your page. You can choose to have this player "autostart" or not. If you do not choose autostart, there will be a few buttons that will show up to allow the user to turn the music on or off ....

Just try that, and see if that works for you ....

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Thanks
          made a cople of tests and the resuult was not exactly what I whanted,

with MP the buttons and the player didn't even shwoed up, and with QT and RP yes it did and worked like you've said , the problem is that doesn't shwoes just the buttons as I whanted, but also a wierd transparent bar on the top of the buttons... ...

Real player was cool didn't liked the type of preestablished buttons look but thats another question, However that transp. bar on the buttons panel to is anoying and I do not have any Idea how to take it off...

Can you help me on this Pls...

Sorry for all this problems of mine and posting but I just found that
          it will be better for the site Visitor to conect and desconect the music as they whant!!

wi

Comment

http://www.netisopen.com/computer/audio/st001.html

The above link is from a member here, Andy, and he has a few suggestions and codes in which you can have a look and see if this does the job you like ... he is also alot of help in this area and may see this post too ... he will help lots ...

VodaHost

Your Website People!
            1-302-283-3777 North America / International
            02036089024 / United Kingdom
            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Hi JC... You may be able to size the RP player so that transparent bar does not show... in the html is width and height in px .. by changing these numbers you can size as you like... I prefer the QT player look...Hope that helps... Doug

Comment

I also prefer the QT player buttons, but I tryed the form you describe
                and resezed the button to what I wanted and still shows up in the preview at least an image like empty on the down side of the button panel, that I shosen ...

Now I add to the site the Real Player panel and as you can see it shows the way I want just the buttons, but i wanted to add the QT buttons,
                in the page link from above from LY post I followed the all steps and tryed both examples and still shows that invisible image on the preview!

Do know what do I am doing rong!

you can check it on my page the buttons from real P...and what I do whant is that but with the QTplayers buttons, and without the Empty image bellow that is allways showing ...

Comment

Hi JC... You can use the width and height adjustments or even put it in a I-frame to get rid of the one pixel white spaces...... Nice looking site... Doug

Comment

Working...
                  X