configuring a website to work with various browsers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• configuring a website to work with various browsers

I want to be able to view my site in different browsers such as netscape, interent explorer 6 and mozilla. what html or javascript do i need to add to do so?
    i know that some code can cause security issues but is there anything safe out there?

Re: configuring a website to work with various browsers

I am unsure about whether there is 'code' available to help with this but as a rule of thumb we generally advise members to build their site for the most popular browsers (IE, FF). Netscape is not one of these. It has a minute corner of the market which is reducing rapidly and some reckon it will disappear all together pretty soon.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

There isn't code you can add to magically make it work perfect in all broswers. The closest added some javascript can do is if you make a version that works perfect in IE, and a version that works perfect in FF, and have javascript check which broswer a user is using and display the appropriate site.

That solution isn't a very good one, you just have to play with the webpage until its satifactory in both broswers. Sometime this is required othertimes the webpage works just fine in both right after you make it.

Register/Login Script
      Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

hi
        s.vijay sarathy

Comment

One of the nice additions to the recent release of Blue Voda 9 is that you can configure your web builder to allow you to view in any and all browsers you have on your computer without leaving the web builder to open another browser ...

I love this VodaHost!! Excellent feature!

VodaHost

Your Website People!
          1-302-283-3777 North America / International
          02036089024 / United Kingdom
          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Working...
          X