• Show
Clear All

• Hmm. What do you do when...

You take your memory card out of your camera,
    Put the card into the reader,
    Open the folder..
    and..

The bloody folder is empty.
    I had some photos on there that... urgh. I didnt get round to backing up the card. I messed up. I think im going to cry. lol. Funny how doing something like that can make you feel so bloody sick. Oh and dont say "you should have backed it up" I realise that now. lol.
    So the point of this is: BACKUP YOUR MEMORY CARDS!!

Re: Hmm. What do you do when...

Originally posted by darklight
    You take your memory card out of your camera,
    Put the card into the reader,
    Open the folder..
    and..

The bloody folder is empty.
    I had some photos on there that... urgh. I didnt get round to backing up the card. I messed up. I think im going to cry. lol. Funny how doing something like that can make you feel so bloody sick. Oh and dont say "you should have backed it up" I realise that now. lol.
    So the point of this is: BACKUP YOUR MEMORY CARDS!!
    Hi, dont know what this one is like. But its from the same guys that do ccleaner thats recomended on this forum. http://www.recuva.com/
    worth a look.
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Na, It didnt work. Was strange though, because it recovered stuff on another chip thats two years old and didnt recover anything for this chip when the stuff was deleted either yesterday or today. Strange! But thanks for the link!

Comment

What timing, i just did a back up and clean for my camera card.
        Just think that means you'll have to do all those lovely memories all over again!!
        Mike

Any excuse for non performance only weakens the charactor

In God We Trust

Comment

ugh. Losing pictures makes me sick to my stomach. I go to storage auctions alot and almost everytime I find a box with all kinds of family pictures, childrens baby pictures, and all kinds of sentimental stuff. I usually try to contact them, but have only found one owner. It's really tough to throw away stuff like that.
          Best Regards,
          Alex
          Surveillance Systems
          Restaurant POS | Retail POS
          Free WoW Gold Guide

Comment

It really sucks when that happens. and its a bit hard to do all them memories again! they werent really family things, they were more shots of buildings and such for my website. Which I need! lol

Ahh Well.. "Always look on the bright side of liife *whistles* "

Comment

sorry to hear you're having problems, I had this problem once, didin't learn my lesson for at least another 10 times after the first one. I think usually there is an option somewhere on the phone to eject the card and this should eject it without the chance of it getting wiped clean blank.

I overcame the problem myself by getting a cable to connect between the pc and the camera therefore not having to take the card out and elliminating the chance of messing the card up by removal.
              Arcade Ninja - Free Flash Arcade
              FreeGadget4me.Com - Learn how to get free gadgets delivered direct to your door for free

Comment

It was from my digital camera. I bought some software- paid £61 for it. It recovered them.. But I cant preview them or anything. Im really angry. Ive emailed the company. So see what happens. Oh and Also, My web design assignments have gone for a walk. I cant find the folder. Done a system search, but nada. Urghhh.

Comment

One of those days Teri?

Well I found a song that always cheers me up and its entitled ....LIFE

You will probably think its corny but hey

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V5Ej_WQhKSI
                  www.anxietynomore.co.uk
                  The U.K's largest independent site for help with Anxiety and Panic issues.

Buy and Source Wholesale Make Up
                  Up to 75% off Branded top end Make-up.

www.firstwebcall.com
                  Affordable Website Design.

www.anxietynomore.co.uk/blog

The most active blog on anxiety on the net.

Comment

That is an ace song.
                    Urgh. I have to re-do all my assignments. I really cant believe this.

Comment

I presume that if you put the memory card back into the phone, the pictures are still not there? Just wondering whether it could be a problem with your reader rather than the memory card itself.
                      FreeGadget4me.Com - Learn how to get free gadgets delivered direct to your door for free

Comment

Yeah, when the card is in the camera and i press the "playback" button, it says its empty. Sucksssssssss!

Comment

Is it still under warranty, if so i'd take it to the shop and show them what happens. If not then.......erm.........i'd say it's shopping time

Comment

I think I know what I did now. A few days ago I was taking pics of my nephew and I didnt like one, so maybe when I deleted it on the camera, Im guessing I must have clicked on "Delete all". *sigh* You cant get dumber than me!

Comment

Punch walls, not yourself! Everyone makes mistakes.
                              Lori
                              www.lkarts.com
                              Acting Teacher, Actor, Singer

"Remember, if you're getting kicked from behind, you must be out in front!"

Comment

Working...
                              X