What are the rules....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are the rules....

I would like to know more about the affiliate program. I want to hear from those who are doing it. Does it really works and what are the rules?

Re: What are the rules....

As with all affiliate programs, they work as well as you make them work. What I mean is that if you put the effort in they can work very well in your favour but if you just put a banner on your site and do no promotion of your link then it will probably not make you much. Also it is always a good idea to cloak your link so that people do not hijack your link or remove it altogether to maximise the chances of success.

The Vodahost affiliate program has a high payout and is of good quality. You can find more out about it here

If you offer incentives for people clicking through your link and signing up, you need to make sure that they are aware the incentive comes from you and not Vodahost.

I would recommend joining to be honest. I'm a member myself and i can say that the statistics panel is easy on the eye and is easy to understand also the support is excellent.
    Arcade Ninja - Free Flash Arcade
    FreeGadget4me.Com - Learn how to get free gadgets delivered direct to your door for free

Comment

Ok... are you only to advertise the banner on your site. Can you put them in ads. Also what does cloak mean?

Comment

You can use your affilate link where you want, it does not have to be limited to your site.

By cloaking, i mean to make it look more proffesional by making it shorter and not showing the user id etc. Usually an affiliate link looks something like

http://www.vodahost/user5698459$$1546dfddfdefd5555

by keeping your link looking like the above not only does it look horrible but people can easily change the user id at the end to their own therefore recouping some of there cost straight away. they could also copy and paste it into their browser and remove the user id altogether. In both these instance you would lose out on commision.

Unfortunatly if people see an affilaite link they are much more likely not to click on it.

By cloaking you can hide the the user id part on the end of the url so people think they are clicking on a normal link and your click through rate would be a lot higher.

Look here for a quick and simple way to cloak your link.
        Arcade Ninja - Free Flash Arcade
        FreeGadget4me.Com - Learn how to get free gadgets delivered direct to your door for free

Comment

That's great info Mook, I am going to do that to mine. Thanks alot!!
          Mike

Any excuse for non performance only weakens the charactor

In God We Trust

Comment

Thanks Mook, you have been very helpful!

Comment

Hey Bad Girl welcome to Vodaland enjoy and have fun....

Manny(THE ALIEN LEADER)
              Click Here to See the Vodaliens Album & Join the Club!! Sendyour personal photo to be alienated to the Vodalien Group

www.astralengineering.net
              www.masqueradecreations.com

Comment

Originally posted by Mook25
                By cloaking, i mean to make it look more proffesional by making it shorter and not showing the user id etc. Usually an affiliate link looks something like
                http://www.vodahost/user5698459$$1546dfddfdefd5555

by keeping your link looking like the above not only does it look horrible but people can easily change the user id at the end to their own therefore recouping some of there cost straight away. NONSENSE ! they could also copy and paste it into their browser and remove the user id altogether. In both these instance you would lose out on commision.

Unfortunatly if people see an affilaite link they are much more likely not to click on it.
                By cloaking you can hide the the user id part on the end of the url so people think they are clicking on a normal link and your click through rate would be a lot higher.

Look here for a quick and simple way to cloak your link.
                I disagree 100%, and reccommend that the entire threads regarding "cloaking" here at VodaTalk be read entirely, there Mooky!
                Most intelligent people are more concerned with the origins of the referral (credibility) than the mechanics of delivery, especially when you are referring to Brands and recognized sources (they simply try to avoid getting "taken").

Additionally, your assumptions of Affiliate Marketing metrics need to be more openly presented as "your opinion" rather than rule of thumb, especially when commenting to newcomers to these types of online commerce practices >>> most of the bona-fide affiliate networks stipulate that affiliate coding, links, banners, or proxy/redirects and other means of conveyance not be tampered with in any fashion whatsoever lest the risk of being removed from participation entirely be enforced.

Be very careful mixing clever techniques with proper affiliate management and program compliance. Read Terms and the "fine print" of every program very carefully to make the most out of your "investements".....
                . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
                * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
                X