Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fonts

http://www.blbbc.org/winter_at_bunker.html

I searched all day, but could not find a thread to match my problem...
    Once I installed the newest BV, 9.1, all of my fonts on my drop down menus were HUGE! I have 9 across the screen, http://www.blbbc.org/
    but when I re-worked this winter page, http://www.blbbc.org/winter_at_bunker.html and added the shadow box photos, which are awesome, love that feature, then published it, none of
    my drop downs show up...Also, am I going to have to go through all 80-some pages and correct the font on each?

Thanks for any help,
    Mike

Re: Fonts

I have the same problem. My drop down menu shows up like 3 font sizes bigger when i open an existing page in the new BV. I haven't done anything to my pages hoping that the latest BV will allow me to alter and publish my pages without having to resize all menus on all my pages.
    Best Regards,
    Alex
    Surveillance Systems
    Restaurant POS | Retail POS
    Free WoW Gold Guide

Comment

^bump^

The problem I'm having.... Since upgrading to BV 9.0 and later versions, when I open a saved BV page... the drop down menu shows up in font 18 when my original font size was 12 (I think). The problem is that i can resize the font in the menu properties, but I cannot get it back to the same font size. It doesn't look the same even if I choose font 12 or 14, it's not the same as my original. This kinda sucks because I do not use the php menu where all pages use the same menu. If I want to alter a page, it will make that pages new drop down menu be inconsistent with the rest of my pages. And I'm not really crazy about going back through all of my pages to modify the menu fonts....
      Best Regards,
      Alex
      Surveillance Systems
      Free WoW Gold Guide

Comment

Previous versions of the menubar had all kinds of compatiblity problems with different browsers, display DPI settings and resolutions.
        The menubar should now be fully compatible with all computers. Instead of using point sizes it now uses pixels (just like all other BlueVoda objects).
        The down side is that we had to change the way the fonts are implemented.
        Forum Moderator
        BlueVoda Spe******t

Comment

Originally posted by Pablo
          Previous versions of the menubar had all kinds of compatiblity problems with different browsers, display DPI settings and resolutions.
          The menubar should now be fully compatible with all computers. Instead of using point sizes it now uses pixels (just like all other BlueVoda objects).
          The down side is that we had to change the way the fonts are implemented.
          Thanks for responding Pablo. That was the nicest way I think you could have told me that I'm screwed lol. I guess I'll deal with it.
          Best Regards,
          Alex
          Surveillance Systems
          Free WoW Gold Guide

Comment

Well said Alex! I guess then I better switch to this PHP thing. Wow am I ignorant, I didn't know even know about that when I built 80-some pages, yuck!

Pablo, or Alex, can you show me where I can find out how to set that up, so I don't have to go through and change all of my pages.

I probably should have done that in the first place anyway...thanks for everything!

Mike

PS...With these menus, is there anyway to have it show up with the font I choose as opposed to the default of the viewing PC?

Comment

Originally posted by myhender
              Pablo, or Alex, can you show me where I can find out how to set that up, so I don't have to go through and change all of my pages.
              You have to start with this php thing when you first start out. You can go back now if you want to, but you'll still have to change all your pages. However, if you need a change in the future, you will only have to do it once.

You can find the applicable thread HERE

Originally posted by myhender
              PS...With these menus, is there anyway to have it show up with the font I choose as opposed to the default of the viewing PC?
              I believe that as long as the browser of your viewer supports that font, it will show up in the font that you specify. Otherwise, the browser will revert to a default font. The only way to make sure everyone sees it in the same font is to use a font that is common and supported by all browswers, which is usually one of those default styles.
              Best Regards,
              Alex
              Surveillance Systems
              Free WoW Gold Guide

Comment

Working...
              X