Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tell-a-friend email populated

Hi,

How do you get a tell a friend email to auto populate with pre-formatted text?
    Bless you
    Tom

Re: Tell-a-friend email populated

With BlueVoda I can't give you specifics but there should be a "value" field when you look at the properties of a textbox. Add whatever default text you want to populate the form with.

Register/Login Script
    Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

I was looking on Collectorsinfo's website and he has a Tell-a-friend link that when you click it, an auto poulated email opens in which the visitor only needs to add his/her friend's email address.

The visitor does not fill in any form, just click a button or link and an email opens withyour text already populated.

I'm not sure if Forms are used in the background or not....
      Bless you
      Tom

Comment

Oh I get what you are saying. Post the php script you are using to send the email and ill tell you how to make the changes

Register/Login Script
        Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

Oh, thanks Watdaflip. I need to think about this one a little. First need to study php as I know nothing about it. At the moment, I'm a drag and drop guy.
          Bless you
          Tom

Comment

Sorry! Should of posted some info with the link. Have updated this page.
            http://www.collectors-info.com/testi..._a_friend.html & scroll down.

Good luck.
            Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Hi Chris,

Thank you very much. I'm learning and your answers will help a great deal. May I ask a few more questions please?

1. How do you enter code for creating blank lines and to start new lines of text in the pre-populated email (like on your websitea)?

2. Do I just leave the Mailto blank if the email is not to be sent to me, but the visitor must fill this in for whoever his/her friend is?
              Bless you
              Tom

Comment

Originally posted by Tom vR
                Hi Chris,

Thank you very much. I'm learning and your answers will help a great deal. May I ask a few more questions please?

1. How do you enter code for creating blank lines and to start new lines of text in the pre-populated email (like on your websitea)?

2. Do I just leave the Mailto blank if the email is not to be sent to me, but the visitor must fill this in for whoever his/her friend is?
                Hi, had a small update on that page http://www.collectors-info.com/testi..._a_friend.html

Try clicking on the ***** link again to see how its all spaced, then have a look at the code below on the updated page. Should be self exploratory?

Good luck.
                Regards Chris.

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Thank you kindly. This is hot stuff. Will you leave this example html page on-line for us for future references? I still have a lot to do on my website before I can get to this tell-a-friend feature later this weekend.

Many thanks again. Your website looks great.
                  Bless you
                  Tom

Comment

No problem. What i often do is just make up a folder called scripts, within my bv folder & save each script on its own page for a latter date. But this will be there for quite a wile.

Good luck.
                    Regards Chris.

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Thank you Chris,

You can watch my site next week.
                      Bless you
                      Tom

Comment

Hi Chris (CollectorsInfo),

Just one more question about your response please.

You have indicated the hyperlink sentense that the visitor will see. But what do I need to do with the code if I want to use a Tell_a_friend button instead?
                        Bless you
                        Tom

Comment

Hi Chris,

Thank you. I have added the code in a text box as html and it work perfectly. There is just one small problem though; my web address and email address in the pre-formatted email is not automatically formatted as hyperlinks. You need to manually do it by posioning the cursor just behind the last character of the address and press Enter.

Is there something we can add to the code. The %0A code for creating a line space also adds a normal space of the line of text before it creates the line space. If we can get rid of the normal space, maybe it could solve the problem, but I don't know how to do this.

Could you please help again or anyone else who knows?
                          Bless you
                          Tom

Comment

Hi added the code in the text box??? Do you mean html properties box.

Will need your page up running & live so we can have a look at the tell a friend script. Post the url back here when you get a chance.
                            Regards Chris.

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Yes Chris, I have created a text box, then right-click on it and selected HTML. That is where I've pasted the code, using the Before Tag tab. Is this correct or should I have done it differently?

Very soon (in the next 2 to 3 hours) I will publish the pages. I'm just busy with some finishing touches.
                              Bless you
                              Tom

Comment

Working...
                              X