Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is javascript? Can someone educate a relative newbie?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is javascript? Can someone educate a relative newbie?

Yo ho ho!

I took out a year long VodaHits account so I can get myself out there, and when I run my report telling me how I'm doing, I'm only missing something having to do with JavaScript. I'm thinking that that means the scrolling text at the top of my page??? And here is what they advise, but I don't know what they mean when they say "Then place the JavaScript in the 'yourscript.js' file." Where? A blank BV page? Which script?

Any insight, folks? THANK YOU!!!

17. JavaScript Blocks

WARNING: The page uses JavaScript blocks.

The use of JavaScript blocks affects the proximity and density of your search terms. If you have JavaScript embedded in your page, all the search terms that fall below the JavaScript block will have less proximity and the more JavaScript on the page, the more diluted the density of your search terms are.

There is an easy workaround for this issue. Simply place your JavaScript code in remote files. An example is as follows:

<script language="JavaScript" src="yourscript.js"></script>

Then place the JavaScript in the 'yourscript.js' file.
    Lori
    www.lkarts.com
    Acting Teacher, Actor, Singer

"Remember, if you're getting kicked from behind, you must be out in front!"

Re: What is javascript? Can someone educate a relative newbie?

The <script language="JavaScript" src="yourscript.js"></script> part go's in the head of your page and directs to the js file. so is if you have a javascript you would save as say scrolling.js then in the header script you would change the red part to <script language="JavaScript" src="scrolling.js"></script> now upload the js file and pulish the page.
    if you have a lot of js keep them in a folder on your server and change header to folder/scrolling.js

Comment

Re: What is javascript? Can someone educate a relative newbie?

So, each js file is a blank BV page?
      Lori
      www.lkarts.com
      Acting Teacher, Actor, Singer

"Remember, if you're getting kicked from behind, you must be out in front!"

Comment

Working...
      X