Email Riddler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Email Riddler

I'm having some difficulty adding the script generated from http://www.dynamicdrive.com/emailriddler/

On my site: www.thai-land-house.com I have a box on the bottom with a Thai house which says "click on Thai house to send email". My confusion is how and where to add the encrypted email generated from the Dynamic Drive site.

In the "image properties" do I use "mailto" or ?. and where to paste the encrypted email.

I'm getting lots of spam, assuming they're coming from spiders or ?

Thanks for any help on this issue.

Tom

www.Thai-Land-House.com

Re: Email Riddler

Originally posted by Tomissan
    I'm having some difficulty adding the script generated from http://www.dynamicdrive.com/emailriddler/

On my site: www.thai-land-house.com I have a box on the bottom with a Thai house which says "click on Thai house to send email". My confusion is how and where to add the encrypted email generated from the Dynamic Drive site.

In the "image properties" do I use "mailto" or ?. and where to paste the encrypted email.

I'm getting lots of spam, assuming they're coming from spiders or ?

Thanks for any help on this issue.

Tom

At dynamic drive you will notice there are a few ways in which you can encrypt your mail.

You want to be able to click the thai house for mail, correct?
    You will notice on that site there is an option to use "Use an Image Instead"

This will then generate the script and within that script you will notice
    this part img src="yourimage.gif" So what you will do, is instead of the words yourimage.gif you will insert thaihouse.gif (providing that is what your image is called, but point is, swap that out for your own image name)

This entire script is then pasted into a html box, using the insert, advanced html from your web builders toolbar

Hope this helps and works for you ...

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Hi LadyEye, thanks for the reply.
      I re-read the dd instructions and did as you suggested although now the image is very large. Do I now need to resize the photo to fit the existing box?

cheers,
      Tom
      Thai House Plans
      Interior - Exterior, 3D Design

www.Thai-Land-House.com

Comment

Hi LadyEye, thanks for the reply.
        I re-read the dd instructions and did as you suggested although now the image is very large. Do I now need to resize the photo to fit the existing box?

cheers,
        Tom
        Hi Tom, yw ...

Looks like you have set it up properly, you might just consider typing your email address and not linking to it along side of this, just so that people who do not want to have their default email program opening up to contact you ... just a suggestion that many find useful ...

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Originally I had it set up that way but started getting too much spam.
          Isn't that how spam artists, spambots, etc., get your email?

I would rather set up a contact form (davidundalicia) but i must have a brain cell or two missing cause I can't seem to sort that one out.
          cheers,
          tom
          Thai House Plans

www.Thai-Land-House.com

Comment

Originally I had it set up that way but started getting too much spam.
            Isn't that how spam artists, spambots, etc., get your email?

I would rather set up a contact form (davidundalicia) but i must have a brain cell or two missing cause I can't seem to sort that one out.
            cheers,
            tom
            Tom,
            You might find the simplified (and improved) email form sufficient for now, as it too, is written to prevent abuse, and now that BV has a built-in validation tab to the Properties of the Form (which you need only activate for the "Email Address" box -- to prevent more than 1 "@" sign from being entered), this should work quite well until you feel up to speed to installing a full-blown AVBVFP or other 'validated' email form!

Simply follow the written instructions provided by General VodaHost in Part 1 of the Forms Tutorials. Simple, easy to follow, and it works!
            . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
            * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Thanks Vasili, good advice, actually I'm working on it at the moment.
              Question? Does the added page "contact" show up in "preview" or do I need to publish it first? I'm asking because maybe I did something wrong cause it doesn't preview. Also, when clicking back to home page from the navigation button do I ad the .html or /index or just the name of the index page?

thanks a bunch...
              Tom
              Thai House Plans

www.Thai-Land-House.com

Comment

"Contact" will show in Preview, but the "action" (Thank You) page will only present when called upon (by the script itself, running the page upon an email being sent).

Just save the "action" page as php and you're fine.

To link back to a BV-created page, always insert the full standard URL address: YourDomainName.com/ThePageYourWantToNavigateToHere.html

and on we go.....
                . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
                * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Please note that the BV validation can NOT protect you from spammers.

The validation implemented in BV is excellent, and much FASTER, as it works (Javascript) on form level , before the info is even submitted to the php script. But i recommend that it is used together with ABVFP and that filed names are also created as ABVFP requires in order to validate them again.
                  This is because BV's validation will only work for the form itself. A spammer instead, creates his own form (not even that, but lets suppose so, just to keep things simple) and he then uses your SCRIPT to send spam. hence the necessity to have the form fields validated also on script level (ABVFP does that, if the fields are properly named, and also checks the submission origin).

So, BV validation is good for normal users, that do not intend to abuse your form and script, but is powerless against a spammer that will only use your script, overriding your form.

In fact, when writing the Forms Tutorial Part I i stated that this was only an EXAMPLE script to let users understand how it works, and also stated that ABVFP is the safe way to go.
                  Navaldesign
                  Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
                  Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
                  DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
                  Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

ok Naval, thanks, I guess I'll have to get up to snuff with ABVFP...
                    and thanks again Vasili for your help.
                    Tom
                    Thai House Plans

www.Thai-Land-House.com

Comment

Working...
                    X