Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cleaning up Public_html folder

Hi there,

This is my situation. I had a temporary Index page in the Public_html folder. I'm just about ready to start over with my publishing (basically finished with my design). This time I want to create a bit of order by creating more sub-folders and I've started creating the folders already.

My problem is: What should I NOT delete from the current Public_html folder? Can I delete everything in that folder? There are some lightbox items, etc and I'm not sure if I should delete everything.

Question 2: At a later stage I want to create a 2nd website. But for my first site, should I load Site 1's Index page in subfolder Site1 or must it be in the Public_html folder?

I really need urgent help here please as I must still publish the site tonight.

Many thanks.
    Bless you
    Tom

Re: Cleaning up Public_html folder

Originally posted by Tom vR
    Hi there,

This is my situation. I had a temporary Index page in the Public_html folder. I'm just about ready to start over with my publishing (basically finished with my design). This time I want to create a bit of order by creating more sub-folders and I've started creating the folders already.

My problem is: What should I NOT delete from the current Public_html folder? Can I delete everything in that folder? There are some lightbox items, etc and I'm not sure if I should delete everything.

Question 2: At a later stage I want to create a 2nd website. But for my first site, should I load Site 1's Index page in subfolder Site1 or must it be in the Public_html folder?

I really need urgent help here please as I must still publish the site tonight.

Many thanks.
    Your index page will need to stay in the public_html folder, this is the page that people will land on when they type in your domain name.

If this is the only page you want in there, all of your links and all of your publishing will have to go into your subfolders ... so if another page was photos and you put photos in a folder called albums, you would need to publish the photos page in the public_html/albums page ... not so sure why you want to do all of that, but I guess it is your choice.

The only thing I would recommend cleaning out of your public_html directory are the pages and images and shapes, that you published when publishing any pages ...
    They are html pages ... and you can view each one before you delete, and don't be anxious to clear your garbage can up there either, in case you make a mistake ...

No, don't delete everything .... just delete what you may have published and any folders you may have made that you do not require ... be careful ...

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Re: Cleaning up Public_html folder

Thank you LadyEye. Much appreciated.
      Bless you
      Tom

Comment

Working...
      X