A story worth reading

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A story worth reading

A young lady was waiting for her flight in the boarding room of a big airport. As she had a long wait, she decided to buy a book to spend her time. She also bought a packet of cookies.

She sat down in an armchair in the VIP room at the airport to rest and read in peace. Beside the armchair, where the packet of cookies lay, a man sat down in the next seat, opened his magazine and started to read.

When she took out the first cookie, the man took one also. She felt irritated, but thought nothing. She just thought "How rude!"

For each cookie she took the man took one too. This infuriated her, but she didn't want to make a scene. This continued until there was just one cookie left.

With only one cookie remaining the woman thought "What will this horrid man do now?'

Then, the man took the last cookie, divided it in half, giving half to to her and eating the other half himself.

Ahh, that was too much. She was furious now. In a huff, she grabbed up her things and stormed off to the boarding area .

When she got on the plane and sat down in her seat, she looked into her purse to get her eyeglasses, and to her surprise, her packet of cookies was there, untouched, unopened!

She felt so ashamed.. She had forgotton that she had put her cookies in her purse.

The stranger had said nothing when she took his cookies, and shared them happily with her, without a word, while she become enraged inside, thinking he was so presumptious in helping himself.

And now there was no chance to explain herself, or to apologize..

So.
    There are four things you cannot recover:
    1. The stone, after the throw.
    2. The word, after it is spoken.
    3. The occasion, after it is passed
    4. The time, after it is gone
    Liz
    www.sebastopolparty.com
    www.raynordescendents.com

Ring the bells that still can ring

Re: A story worth reading

......very good Liz.

Comment

Very true Liz. I liked the story very much.
      Simply Quit - Smoking

Comment

Awesome. It was definitely worth reading. Thanks for sharing that.
        Best Regards,
        Alex
        Surveillance Systems
        Restaurant POS | Retail POS
        Free WoW Gold Guide

Comment

Liz,......aaaaah.......you have inspired me, once again.

I'll bet you wrote that, didn't you?! Your words are wise......

And so necessary on this day of turmoil in Vodaland. Thank you for that.

(Can't resist putting my 2 cents in......I'm so glad to see that the mods; and they are mods...not Big Brother... have stated the rules, and are enforcing them. This is a really nice forum.)
          Vicki

www.staceygoldendesigns.net

Comment

Originally posted by Patience
            Liz,......aaaaah.......you have inspired me, once again.

I'll bet you wrote that, didn't you?! Your words are wise......

And so necessary on this day of turmoil in Vodaland. Thank you for that.

(Can't resist putting my 2 cents in......I'm so glad to see that the mods; and they are mods...not Big Brother... have stated the rules, and are enforcing them. This is a really nice forum.)
            You are quite welcome. And nope, didn't write it, but read it and liked it, so passed it on.

Yep it is a nice forum, I like it too. (obviously, I hang out here quite a bit)
            It gets alittle wierd sometimes, but then, what family doesn't?

In any case, thanks for your kind words.
            Liz
            www.sebastopolparty.com
            www.raynordescendents.com

Ring the bells that still can ring

Comment

This entire thread is a delight to read ....

There is alot of support here in everyones writings ...

I agree ...

VodaHost

Your Website People!
              1-302-283-3777 North America / International
              02036089024 / United Kingdom
              291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

My pleasure, pal!
                Vicki

www.staceygoldendesigns.net

Comment

We Always Want More Than Needed
                  A long time ago, there was a King who told his horseman that
                  if he could ride on his horse and cover as much land area as he likes,
                  then the King would give him the area of land he has covered. Sure
                  enough, the horseman quickly jumped onto his horse and rode as fast as
                  possible to cover as much land area as he could. He kept on riding and
                  riding, whipping the horse to go as fast as possible. When he was
                  hungry or tired, he did not stop because he wanted to cover as much
                  area as possible.
                  Came to a point when he had covered a substantial area and he was
                  exhausted and was dying. Then he asked himself, "Why did I push
                  myself so hard to cover so much land area? Now I am dying and I only
                  need a very small area to bury myself."
                  The above story is similar with the journey of our Life. We push
                  very hard everyday to make more money, to gain power and recognition.
                  We neglect our health , time with our family and to appreciate the
                  surrounding beauty and the hobbies we love.
                  One day when we look back, we will realize that we don't really need
                  that much, but then we cannot turn back time for what we have missed.
                  Life is not about making money, acquiring power or recognition .
                  Life is definitely not about work! Work is only necessary to keep us
                  living so as to enjoy the beauty and pleasures of life. Life is a
                  balance of Work and Play , Family and Personal time. You have to decide
                  how you want to balance your Life. Define your priorities, realize what
                  you are able to compromise but always let some of your decisions be
                  based on your instincts. Happiness is the meaning and the purpose of
                  Life, the whole aim of human existence.
                  So, take it easy, do what you want to do and appreciate nature. Life
                  is fragile, Life is short. Do not take Life for granted. Live a
                  balanced lifestyle and enjoy Life!
                  Watch your thoughts ; they become words.
                  Watch your words ; they become actions.
                  Watch your actions ; they become habits.
                  Watch your habits; they become character .
                  Watch your character; it becomes your destiny

Comment

Working...
                  X