Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

some help please... im new and need a control system.!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• some help please... im new and need a control system.!

hey this is my first post =) im currently making a website. but i need a control type system i dunno how to explain it.

i found one that looks really good. on a persons site on here,

what im after is the kinda thing on the top left of the page..
    which has home, members options ect... thats deffo what i need.

please help as fast as possible

Re: some help please... im new and need a control system.!

Originally posted by reedy
    hey this is my first post =) im currently making a website. but i need a control type system i dunno how to explain it.

i found one that looks really good. on a persons site on here,

http://www.expo300.com/home/index.php

what im after is the kinda thing on the top left of the page..
    which has home, members options ect... thats deffo what i need.

please help as fast as possible
    What you are looking for is a navigation for your website. There are several methods offered by the blue voda website builder.

Check your tool bars, for navigation and the new insert text menu, with both of these you insert the links for all of your other pages ... It is a nice idea to build your main look of your page, figure out all the pages it will contain, insert your navigation menu (style of your choice) have things all set on that page, and then save that page as "beginning page" and then every page you build, start with that page, add the content for your new page and save it by that name ... all of the links will be applied and the same style on all of your pages ... do you know what I mean?

Don't forget to watch the tutorials for linking and

Feel free to read my bluevodatips, that may help you too.

have fun & Good Luck!!

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

do you know where i can get the same or one like it ... like the one of the site i posted??

Comment

do you know where i can get the same or one like it ... like the one of the site i posted??
        Are you using the blue voda site builder?? Do you know css ??

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

yep im using the bluevoda site builder..... I AM LIKE IN LOVE WITH IT, its amazing. i know very very little about css. i am tryin to learn everything basicly lol, i do all the graphic designs for my site, all the web parts ect... basicly just all me.!

im looking for a navagaional bar to go on one of my grahics, also i need somink like that site had, like on the left hand side it kinda had a complete naigational type thing... basic i need both, and it to look professional. btw im only 17yrs old sooo i dont know loads and loads, but i do read sites all the time.

Comment

i found that but when i download them there just gif images... no script so i dunno how to use them...i like tab J

Comment

Glad you love it ... and you sound excited, good for you ....

Well you can use the gif images and insert them, and link each one to your next page, you can also try and duplicate the look of the menu by using the text menu in the builder. Not sure if they come in a string like that, you might have to chop them up in photoshop or something ... it can be done ...

I also believe by the look of your referral site, this site is php designed, now you can do that, and I believe that is where that style menu would come in, and there are threads on doing so in this forum. General Navel is an expert in this area and reading his posts about doing so is the best advice I could give you.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
              291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

for the one i said about, would that have a script or html taht i could just insert into my site? then i could edit the name, pages taht it links to ect?

Comment

for the one i said about, would that have a script or html taht i could just insert into my site? then i could edit the name, pages taht it links to ect?
                  I've never used that myself, but I am pretty certain it is a script, css ...

check under the php part of the forum ... you will get an idea of how all this comes together ....

I do believe you can google as well for css scripts and you may find a plce that will give you the coding for a nav menu like that ....

As you can tell, I'm not the best to ask, so I am just trying to point in the direction of where further knowledge can be gained, you seem really keen and I believe you will accomplish your task ....

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                  291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

i hope i can to, thanx alot for all your help... if i need more ill keep posting in here... ill see if i can get a script ect be good if i can.

Comment

i hope i can to, thanx alot for all your help... if i need more ill keep posting in here... ill see if i can get a script ect be good if i can.
                      yw ... you'll be an expert pretty soon, I can tell ....

Just want to touch base too and say be sure to have your voda hosting account in place too, you will need this to publish up your spectacular finished product. Can't wait to see it!!

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Working...
                      X