Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• guestbook php file in new 9.1 bv

Good morning.
    I'm redesigning my web page www.orontewines.com and I've added a guestbook tab and page. I put the guest book frame on the page and published the page. But reading something earlier from Pablo he says to upload the guestbookdb.php file....
    #1Where is the guestbookdb.php file located?
    #2Do I have to change anything in it to work?
    #3 Is it possible to set a maximum number of words in the comment field (so people don't write a book)?

Thank you.
    dmk1

www.brucejoronte.com
    www.debbiemae.com (needs serious revamping)
    www.orontewines.com
    (so I'm not a web designer, but it's cheaper and more fun doing it yourself)

Re: guestbook php file in new 9.1 bv

I'm presuming this is now working looking at your site????
    Arcade Ninja - Free Flash Arcade
    FreeGadget4me.Com - Learn how to get free gadgets delivered direct to your door for free

Comment

Re: guestbook php file in new 9.1 bv

Yes, I think it is. I've tested it and the messages/comments actually show up on the web site (for anyone to see). I've figured out how to delete them. But I still have a couple of questions.
      1# in a Post by Pablo, he says to change the permissions to 777 otherwise you cannot write. I went into FTP manager and could not change that setting? Is that critical?
      #2 I noticed that the comments/message is left out of the posting, but if someone puts a url address in, and you click on it you are re-directed to that web site (I disabled the box for allow URL and it doesn't seem to do anything).
      #3 Not that this has happened, but could someone just type in all kinds of comments without any limitation?

thank you
      dmk1

Comment

Working...
      X