Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Video file upload

Hi

I have a video file that I want to upload to my site, I have pressed the media button and made the link to the file, but when I publish preview it's just blank.
    Do I need to load the file to the FTP? What do I do???? Help me.
    Or will this problem resolve itself once it is published??
    Also, I noticed on the side, in this dilema.......how do I log onto customer support? It does not accept my email address, and I am at a loss as to how to go about opening a ticket there without one.

Many thanks

Purple Patch

Re: Video file upload problem- please help

When asking for assistance for a problem related to your website or your Vodahost
    account, it is imperative that you identify your websites domain name.

This forum gets thousands of visitors every single day...

A forum username DOES NOT tell us what your website is. It is impossible for us to

assist you and diagnose your issue if you do not identify your websites domain name.

The more information you provide the better.

1) Your Domain Name (or a link to the EXACT problem page).
    2) Your VodaHost Customer I.D.
    3) A complete a detailed description of the problem.
    4) If you have open support tickets on the topic. Please provide the ticket ID #'s for reference.
    5) If you have a problem on a particular page, please provide a link to that page.

Please help us, help you by providing as much information as possible.

Thank you in advance.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Re: Video file upload

Sorry about that, I will endeavour to provide all the necessary info:
      1. www.p3sa.com/ib_video.html

2. My vodahost customer number: 14476
      3. I have published this page, in an effort to see if I could get the video file to run, which it wasn't. I have followed the online tutorials on how to put in a media file, but it has not been helpful in actually getting it to work, or I am just not clued enough to make it happen. I have tried every conceivable format and none of them will work.
      I would like to have a place on my page that people can click, and it will link through to a wmv file, which should then play. I cannot get this to work. This is what I would like some clarification on, if possible.
      4. I cannot get a support ticket, as I cannot log into the support center. None of the welcome login information sent to me when i signed up, contains this information,and it doesn't recognise my email address either. Don't know what other mail adress to use.
      Many thanks

Purple Patch

Comment

Firstly have you uploaded the .wmv to your account so that it is on the server? If not this is what you need to do and then it should play.

Also with regards the support centre have you registered as you will need to do this before you can access this feature.
        Arcade Ninja - Free Flash Arcade
        FreeGadget4me.Com - Learn how to get free gadgets delivered direct to your door for free

Comment

If you have a windows media player embedded in your page, the file will be automatically uploaded. If on the other hand, you can't see it in preview, there are three cases:

1. Your file is corrupted or empty
          2. You have your player (in your page) too small
          3. You have checked the "hide" checkbox in the players properties.
          Navaldesign
          Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
          Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
          DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
          Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

I saw it fine on my browser.. prehaps you need to click play...

Just another tip.. After you have uploaded you page with the video in WM-Player format.. Copy your video on its own on to a blank page and preview that in browser then right click scroll down to view source.. copy the code and then return back to you main page where the original video was and delete it.. then click on the html insert box and paste the code into the box.. then upload the page.. then your site and video will run quicker and you will get a better google page rank as there robot only reads text not video or images..
            ****IMPORTANT THIS WILL ONLY WORK IF YOU HAVE ALREADY UPLOADED THE ORIGINAL ITEM TO THE SERVER***
            www.halo360.co.uk

Comment

I'm taking this to the bank and cashin, but for now I MUST CRASH Different TimeZones. www.halo360.co.uk You were the best help one could get under the present curcumstances (is that spelled right) Hey take a look at my E-Bikes at www.lightningcycles.ca if you get a chance. Chow for now. Kenb

Comment

Working...
              X