Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Meta Tags on all pages?

Hi,

I have just discovered NavelDesign's tutorial: How to create and use a single Menu and use it in all your pages, WITHOUT using Iframes.

I love it when a plans comes together.. What do you say Mr.T?

In the tutorial it was mentioned about the Meta Tags. Currently (I have not yet created the menu, etc) I have used the Keyword Digger and I'm using my Mega Tags on ALL the pages. Is this correct? Must it be in all pages or just the Index page.
    Bless you
    Tom

Re: Meta Tags on all pages?

You should have meta tags on all pages - just remember they should be DIFFERENT for each page or they'll not do you any good. And make sure you understand how they should be. I suggest you read the free ebook you can get to by clicking the last link in my signature :)
    Beth
    A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
    SEO - The Basics

Comment

That good advice Bethers. I did not know that the MTs for each page must be differnt. I'll check out your link. Many thanks.

I know you are the expert on this: I'm using iframes for a couple of purposes:
      1. for a catelogue of houses. The pictures only has reference numbers. Each reference number links to its own page which is NOT in an iframe. Sound good enough for me for the search engins????

2. To display my menu bars on all pages. Is it important for a menu bar to be picked up by SEs?

Thanks in advance.
      Bless you
      Tom

Comment

It's hard to answer the 1st question without seeing it- if I click on your link - is this already in place? If the se's will be able to get to the other pages - then the iframe shouldn't be a problem for the catalog.

It's very important for the menu bars to be picked up - otherwise how do the se's find the other pages?
        Beth
        A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
        SEO - The Basics

Comment

Can I ask should the Meta tags be single words or phrases and is there a certain number of them that should be put on each page. Thanks

egar50

www.thesoftwarebay.com
          egar50

www.thesoftwarebay.com
          Computer Software, Magazines and Books

Comment

Originally posted by egar50
            Can I ask should the Meta tags be single words or phrases and is there a certain number of them that should be put on each page. Thanks

egar50

www.thesoftwarebay.com

Can be both, but should always be within the text that a visitor can see on the related page. IE: don’t add tags/words that aren’t on the page. Always a good idea to think of what someone may type in as a search. & then include this within your headers/sub headings & text on the page.
            (Have to think backwards with web pages sometimes)
            Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Thanks for the info Chris
              What about the number of words is there a min or max number that should be used
              egar 50

www.thesoftwarebay.com
              egar50

www.thesoftwarebay.com

Comment

Originally posted by egar50
                Thanks for the info Chris
                What about the number of words is there a min or max number that should be used
                egar 50

www.thesoftwarebay.com

Must admit that I am not to sure on the amount in any one phrase. But would of thought that keeping it to a similar & maximum size of what you think someone would enter as a search when looking for something on the web.
                But be careful on everything from spelling to the way a phase is worded.
                On your home page you have 3Dhome design in the key words as a phrase. The SE,s wont pick this up & may even not like it. The nearest I could see on the page was 3D Home Architect Design Its sometimes worth doing a word & phrase search on your pages, just to make sure that the spelling & spacing are all correct. If you where also thinking about maximum words in the key word area. I believe it should be no more than 20 single words.
                Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

From what you say I think I need to look carefully at the words etc I am using. When I originally created the page I used the keyword digger and included all the words and phrases which that provided but soon realised that was not the way to go. Thanks for the advice Chris.

egar50

www.thesoftwarebay.com
                  egar50

www.thesoftwarebay.com

Comment

Working...
                  X