Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adding "Comments" field

Well,my question number two
    You will get many questions from me I guess.Im totally new in this.

How do we add a "leave a comment" field?
    I would really want one of those on my page
    www.phototales.net

Re: Adding "Comments" field

Oh,I forgot to tell you my site.

www.phototales.net

Comment

Hi there!
      I have no idea how to do it, but I am looking around on the Internet for you. Ive found something called a shoutbox. Now Im not 100% sure if its different than adding a comment box. This is something I also want to do for my website, but yeah, click here to see the tutorial I found on the shoutbox. Sorry if its no help.
      Regards
      Teri

Comment

Thank you for reply.

I found a tut on how to.But cant make it to work.Even if I follow the instructions.
        Its a Form.And we add element into it,like the text area box.Ive done it all.But it dosnt work.Guess it has something with php versus html maybe.I believe I could have done something wrong there.But dont know what.

But thank you.I will keep trying.
        www.phototales.net

Comment

Can try this one. Its a freebie. Or maybe place a link to a guest book page.

Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

I was hoping I didnt have to "import" something.But rather make it from blueVoda itself.After all.It is possible to make a comment field in BV.

Darn,Im so lost in all this.I read and read tuts till my eyes get totally dry.

I cant even find out how to make password protected pages.And I really really want that.But first comes first.If I dont learn how to make comments fields,there is no use of passwordprotected pages either.(in my case).

I`ve comed this far with the comment field:
            The form is made,the way it should.
            The problem is when I link the page together.From my sitemap,to the page where there is a comment field.I get the message in browsers that the page is not to be found.

Can someone see from what I wrote now,is what went wrong?
            www.phototales.net

Comment

A shoutbox isn't exactly what you need. A shoutbox is a basically a chat script that is run through the website. It will refresh every few minutes to show what people have entered, but it is also erased once there are too many to display. (some might have an achive of everything that has been entered, I don't know).

As far as a leave a comment field you need some sort of script to do it, that will add the entries into a database and retreive them on some page.

Now a simple way to do this would be to just use a questbook that you can install through fantastico (that what I did on one of my sites when I was lazy and didn't feel like creating a custom comments scripts), and it basically works the same way.

You could also check hotscripts.com, they have thousands of script, im sure atleast one of them will allow users to leave comments

Register/Login Script
              Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

Thank you very much.I will certainly try the guestbook variant.And visit the page you recomend about scripts.:D
                www.phototales.net

Comment

Hotscripts.com, as Watdaflip mentioned, is great. Use the search feature on there and you'll find lots of cool tools, plus customer reviews so you know what works well.
                  My NASCAR Forum

Comment

Thank you very much:)
                    www.phototales.net

Comment

Working...
                    X