Password protecting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Password protecting

I know how to password protect a main directory bus is there anyway to do the same to a sub-directory?
    Boss50
    www.dspappa.com

Re: Password protecting

Exactly in the same way.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Naval

I went in to password protect my public_ directory and the only thing there to protect is a folder called "/public_html/cgi-bin ". Is this the folder I want to protect?

Danny

Comment

If you protect your public_html, this will cover your entire site.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Originally posted by Danny Canada
          Naval

I went in to password protect my public_ directory and the only thing there to protect is a folder called "/public_html/cgi-bin ". Is this the folder I want to protect?

Danny
          In Password protection, the very first screen usually has all the folders (directories) of your site. If you have not created any, only the cgi-bin will appear. Usually you cannot protect the entire site, as CP will only allow to password protect folders inside your public_html, but not public_html itself.
          So, you can password protect a directory, and this means you can password protect an addon domain as well as a subdomain, but not the entire main site. If you need to do this, you need to create a directory, which you will password protect, and then publish your pages in there. In the main, non protected "public_html" folder, create your index page with a redirect to the pages that are in the protected folder.
          Navaldesign
          Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
          Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
          DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
          Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

I rarely use the password protect feature so forgive me I can't remember which way it goes but....

Its either the image to the directory name, or the directory name itself that will allow you to go deeper into a directory. So make sure your not just clicking on say the link made out of the directory name, you can go deeper into that directory to password protect a directory within a directory.

Also sorry if I misunderstood what you needed and this doesn't help!?!?

Register/Login Script
            Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

Hi... What about browsers that cache the page they first went to with their passwords...How do I prevent that?...In other words.. cached in browser; no need password now... What's that about?.. How to prevent?.. Thanks ... Doug

Comment

Working...
              X