Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guestbook

hi
    ive added a guestbook to one f my wsite pags, hoewver when i preview the page im seeing the guetbook as a script and not te image of it that i see on my workplace page.
    can anyone guide me through the steps of adding a guestbook and getting it onto my website.
    Thanks

Re: Guestbook

Hi there,
    I just did a search on here to see if anything came up. See if anything Here helps you. I dont know if a tutorial has been made yet, but see if that link helps! if not, let us know!
    Regards
    Teri

Comment

The tutorial has been released!!

http://www.demodemo.com/sample/bluev..._guestbook.htm

VodaHost

Your Website People!
      1-302-283-3777 North America / International
      02036089024 / United Kingdom
      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

I have followed the tutorial but im still havng trouble

Comment

Here is a step-by-step guide:

1) Click the guestbook icon in bluevoda en drag the guestbook object to your page
          2) Double-click on the guestbook object. In the properties dialog box that appears, click the "advanced" tab
          3)If you wish, you can change here the name of the file that contains the php script of your guestbook (PHP script name) or the name and path of the database file (text filename).
          4) Exit the properties dialog box by clicking "OK"
          5) Right-click the background of your page and click on "page properties". Here, set file extension to "php".
          6) Save your page and publish
          7) Open BlueFTP (via Tools>FTP Manager). Go to the directory were you have saved your page. There, you will see the guestbook script file (which is default guestbook.php). The guestbook database file is however not present yet.
          Go to the URL of your guestbook page. Add a comment. You should see the comment immediately in your browser.
          9) Go back to BlueFTP and to the folder that contains your file and the guestbook script file. Now, you should also see the guestbook database file (standard guestbookdb.php)
          10) Your guestbook should be up and running now!!

Comment

I forgot something: after you have created the database file, right-click it en click "properties". Change the permissions to 777 to be able to write data. That's it!

Comment

Hi
              im sorry but im a total spas when it omes to this so a lot of what you said has gone over my head.
              Ok so i added the guestbook object to my page. within the object proerties I made no changes in the advanced tab that is i left the text file name as ./guestbookdb.php and the PHP script name as guestbook.php.
              then on the page i put file extension as .php.
              then i saved and published the page
              now when i go to Blue FTP - and i open the folder that hs my saved file - all i can see is guestbook.bvp - which is what i saved the file as.
              I cannot see any file such as guestbook.php

Comment

It seems to me that you are looking to your local files. These are the files that are stored on your local hard disk. To make your webpages visible for everyone on the Internet, you have to upload them to the vodahost server. This is done automatically by BV Website builder when you click "publish", but you can also upload files manually by an FTP Manager like BlueFTP.
                In BlueFTP, the left part of the screen shows a tree of your files that are stored on your local hard disk. When you are connected to one of the Vodahost servers, the file tree of the files that you have uploaded to this server is shown in the right part of the screen. If you only can see a grey box in the right part of the screen, this means that you are not yet connected to the server. To do so, you have to click the "connect" button in the top left corner of the screen. When you are succesfully connected to the server (you will have to enter your username and password), you should see a file tree of the files that are already uploaded to the server. Go to the folder that contains the guestbook page on the server (you will find it somewhere in your public_html folder, which is the root folder of your web site). It should have the same name as the page you have saved, but now with php extension (so the file you are looking for is guestbook.php).
                If you have succesfully localized guestbook.php, open your web browser and go to http://yourdomainname/guestbook.php (I suppose that you have published the guestbook file in your public_html folder). In the guestbook text form, enter any message and submit. The text you have entered should now be visible just beneath the message box. Go back to BlueFTP and to the folder that contains guestbook.php. Now you should also see a file named guestbookdb.php...

Succes!

Comment

Hi
                  Ok i have located the guestbook.php file within my pbc_html folder. the next you say to do is to go to the url which for me is:
                  www.cletabriansilverwedding.com/guestbook.php
                  when i go to the URL the stop that should contain the guestbook object is blank , hence I cannot enter any message to submit.

Comment

sorri that would be my public_html folder

Comment

Working...
                    X