Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adding a RSS to my site?

Good evening.

I just joined VodaHost and I am looking forward of uploading my new designed website I have been doing with the BlueVoda site builder. My website is www.comevisitlondon.com and needs to be redecorated. (be aware that the current webdesign programm added some pop ups to the site, who will be gone now with BlueVoda).

Ok, my question is this: can I also add a RSS feed to my site? So the latest London news will be showed automatically?

Thanks for the help :)
    Dmitri

Re: Adding a RSS to my site?

Originally posted by comevisitlondon.com
    Good evening.

I just joined VodaHost and I am looking forward of uploading my new designed website I have been doing with the BlueVoda site builder. My website is www.comevisitlondon.com and needs to be redecorated. (be aware that the current webdesign programm added some pop ups to the site, who will be gone now with BlueVoda).

Ok, my question is this: can I also add a RSS feed to my site? So the latest London news will be showed automatically?

Thanks for the help :)
    Dmitri
    I did a search on this forum and found a few posts discussing RSS feeds. You may find this link useful.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Thinks, Imust have missed it in the beginning :) I will look at it straight away!

Comment

Go here and create digests. They'll give you a code you can enter in an html box in BV to make the feeds appear once the page is previewed or published. If you click the 'Days Of Blunder' link in my signature, you can see these in action under "NASCAR News From FOX Sports".
        My NASCAR Forum

Comment

(edit)

Nope, not the right info. I do not want to make a RSS but to add one on my website, so I can show the latest news for my viewers live from other website (like cnn or bbc news)

Hi Racefan! I did not saw your reply, I'm sorry. This is exactly what I am after and I will look at it straight away.

Thanks!

Dmitri

Comment

Happy to help.
            My NASCAR Forum

Comment

Hi. Just to give some added information: This really works great! This is what i wanted and now I am able to lift my website to a more higher level! Thanks again and I hope I can upload me new designed index page later today

Dmitri

Comment

Hey Racefan...that site is terrific and it's free!!!! I just used it and it works wonderful. I have been looking for something like this for days now. In case anyone else is looking to add RSS feeds to their website, I would recommend www.feeddigest.com any time.
                Regards,
                Lynda Taylor
                www.thevirtualword.com

Comment

Racefan,

Can the "
                  PHP CURL Include with Timeout" code in feed digest be read
                  by the search engines?
                  The php include method does not work for me and javascript can not be read.

Thanks,
                  Randy
                  www.industrialsuppliesandservices.com

Comment

Hi

Well nobody has actually answered the question :

"How to install RSS Feed into a page created in Bluevoda"

I notice everyone is plugging sites that have NO relation to the question...

(TUT TUT TUT)

If anyone could explain how I can insert the RSS feed provided by:

http://spanish.businessesforsale.com...h/default.aspx (Orange RSS Button give a big page of script)

I have tried inserting this script in to a insert HTML etc in Bluevoda and so far have got nowhere (Typical Sunday)

Into my website I would be really really greatful.

I have looked at the www.comevisitlondon.com website owned by Dmitri and it looks like he has cracked it although I do not like the look of the box that his RSS appears in.

Hope that this forum will be of help to me, as I have refrained from asking any "nube" questions and have been using Bluevoda for 7 months.

Really could do with some "real" advice!

Comment

Originally posted by jasonhasmail View Post
                      Hi

Well nobody has actually answered the question :

"How to install RSS Feed into a page created in Bluevoda"

I notice everyone is plugging sites that have NO relation to the question...

(TUT TUT TUT)
                      Not sure how someone is suppose to respond to this because not only was
                      the question answered but the person who asked the question, said it was
                      answered. Also, except for one person, any site links that I see are all in
                      the signatures. Not in the body of text that is actually replying to the
                      question. They have no relation to the question nor do they need to be
                      because they are not apart of the answer. Having your site in your
                      signature is pretty common and accepted.

You may want to start a new thread with your specific question if this one
                      has not answered it for you.

Randy
                      www.industrialsuppliesandservices.com

Comment

Hi Randy

Thanks. Thats really really helpfull!

3rd time lucky???

Does anyone have any advice about inserting RSS feeds in to websites published using Bluevoda?

I have spoken to Vodasupport and got this response:

VodaHost Posted On: 25 Feb 2008 03:40 PMi dont know how to do this.
                        --------------------------------------------------------

Please do not open a new support ticket or multiple support tickets about the same topic. To respond to this ticket, please use the reply button in your email. Only open a new ticket if you want to start a new topic.

Hope that someone can offer some advice.

Jason

Comment

Originally posted by jasonhasmail View Post
                          Hi Randy

Thanks. Thats really really helpfull!

3rd time lucky???

Does anyone have any advice about inserting RSS feeds in to websites published using Bluevoda?

I have spoken to Vodasupport and got this response:

VodaHost Posted On: 25 Feb 2008 03:40 PMi dont know how to do this.
                          --------------------------------------------------------

Please do not open a new support ticket or multiple support tickets about the same topic. To respond to this ticket, please use the reply button in your email. Only open a new ticket if you want to start a new topic.

Hope that someone can offer some advice.

Jason
                          Racefans solution works perfectly for what you want. Just put the feeds url into the box provided at feeddigest.com then click the green button. fill out the relevent boxes and enter the code they provide into the html box within voda. This will then show the feed on your site
                          Arcade Ninja - Free Flash Arcade
                          FreeGadget4me.Com - Learn how to get free gadgets delivered direct to your door for free

Comment

Working...
                          X