Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can someone teach me how to upload a file full of photos? I need the ulr addresses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can someone teach me how to upload a file full of photos? I need the ulr addresses

Okay --I'm stuck
    In order for my roll over click gallery to work I have to have photos uploaded with a ULR addresses for each photo.

Now I figured out that if I add a photo on a blank page in bv then publish the page I can then open that page via www and right click for properties and copy the http://ww... address then use the address for my gallery --and that works.
    But this is a tedious way to have to do this - I really don't want to open 20 plus photos and upload it this way? Or do I?

There has to be a better way to do this?

Can someone explain to me how I can put all my photos into one folder and upload them? then tell me how I find the ulr address for each of those photos?
    I've used the ftp and sent a folder to my add-on domain i.e. picturetours.net , but then I'm lost as to how to find the http://.. address I'm way lost!

Beck
    www.hitchhikinghorses.com
    www.picturetours.net
    www.candcshires.com
    www.gypsyfeathersranch.com

Re: Can someone teach me how to upload a file full of photos? I need the ulr addresses

Hi Beck...Seems to me that the rollover image will link to another url or page... why not just size the picture on a BV page... address mydomain.com/photo1.html, /photo2.html and so for then publish them. You can even put a bunch of photos on one page.. and even have them appear in a popup window....hope that helps ... Doug

Comment

Re: Can someone teach me how to upload a file full of photos? I need the ulr addresses

Thanks,
      But I was just hoping that there is an easier way to do this...
      Okay the program I want to use, says you have to have your photos hosted somewhere. And instead of using an outside source like:
      · FTPics
      · GeoCities Plus
      · HostWave Picture Hosting
      · MrHTML's Image Hosting
      · MyPhotoSpace
      · PennyPix ETC…

What I was thinking is I could do is upload my photos in a neat little “photo” folder so I can find them easily - and then later, if I wanted I could switch them out...
      And I was hoping that I didn't have to load them via publishing them bunched up on a bv page.. that way justs seems so tedious.
      But maybe that is how I have to do it. ??

Beck
      www.hitchhikinghorses.com
      www.picturetours.net
      www.candcshires.com
      www.gypsyfeathersranch.com

Comment

Guess I needed to clarify a bit more as to what I'm doing...
        The program I want to use is set up as a photo gallery where you either click or roll over a smaller thumbnail image and it automatically loads the smaller picture into a larger window. (all on the same page- so it is not a pop up)
        I canget it to work but it is finding my pictures localy on my hard drive
        What I need is an http address for each photo for the gallery to work properly :)

Beck

Comment

Hi Beck.. It does get tedious... you can create a folder up there in your public_html.. like say photo then publish to that address yourdomain/photo... or upload from the control panel ...
          Light Box is cool and you can take images or photos from your Web Builder image file folder and place into it without all the addressing... might check that out...Have fun... Doug

Comment

Originally posted by Beck
            Guess I needed to clarify a bit more as to what I'm doing...
            The program I want to use is set up as a photo gallery where you either click or roll over a smaller thumbnail image and it automatically loads the smaller picture into a larger window. (all on the same page- so it is not a pop up)
            I canget it to work but it is finding my pictures localy on my hard drive
            What I need is an http address for each photo for the gallery to work properly :)

Beck
            You can ftp your photographs to your server using either BlueFTP (under tools in BV) or another FTP application like CoreFTP (which I use and highly recommend - it's free). This basically allows you to 'copy' all your photographs to your server rather than publishing them. Both methods employ a simple drag and drop method.

If you need help using BlueFTP - give us a shout.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
            1-302-283-3777 North America / International
            02036089024 / United Kingdom
            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Okay Amanda - I knew we could do this! Thank You!
              I just have no Idea how... Can you break it down for me?

I know how to open ftp in bv,
              I know how to connect and then drag a file in to my public_html,
              but then what?..
              and can I put the photo file into my addon public_http? will it work?

then how do I find the http address?

Also could you help me get started right with properly naming file-folders to try to keep me organized (my files are a mess in my public_html)

I clicked on your Coreftp link -and have no idea where to go from there - it is all alien to me at this point… But I’m a quick study :)
              If you believe the Coreftp is better I’ll follow your lead… could you walk me through that one? :)
              Thanks
              Beck

Comment

Okay Amanda - I knew we could do this! Thank You!
                I just have no Idea how... Can you break it down for me?

I know how to open ftp in bv,
                I know how to connect and then drag a file in to my public_html,
                but then what?..
                and can I put the photo file into my addon public_http? will it work?

then how do I find the http address?

Also could you help me get started right with properly naming file-folders to try to keep me organized (my files are a mess in my public_html)

I clicked on your Coreftp link -and have no idea where to go from there - it is all alien to me at this point… But I’m a quick study :)
                If you believe the Coreftp is better I’ll follow your lead… could you walk me through that one? :)
                Thanks
                Beck
                Okay, for now we will go the BlueFTP way as you are already familiar with that.

1. Connect to your server with BlueFTP.
                2. On the server side (right): navigate to the folder where you want your photographs to reside.
                3. On the pc side (left) navigate to the folder containing your photopgraphs.
                4. Ctrl-click so that all the photographs you want to upload are highlighted.
                5. Drag them across to your server side and wait for them to copy.

That's it!

The URL of each picture will be www.mywebsite.com/name_of_photo_directory/image_name.jpg that is if they are all jpg files. And you'd replace the details with your own, of course.

Another way of finding the URLs of your uploaded images would be to use the Control Panel > File Manager. Click on the folder icon of the directory where your images are then click on individual jpg filenames. On the top right of the screen you will see the URL displayed. You can left click and copy this shortcut then paste it into BV. This is handy if your URLs are quite long.

Let me know if I can be of any further assistance and good luck.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Thanks
                  Beck
                  Everybody's Public_html folder is a mess. Don't worry about it. Lol If you start messing and trying to be tidy you will run the risk of 'breaking' your website and causing things to be missing from pages.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                  291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Thanks Amanda! Your are the best!
                    I'll work at this and I'll post back here if I run into any problems.
                    Thanks Again
                    Beck

Comment

Amanda.. Can one then use anything from FTP?? Photo, file.. whatever~~
                      no need for html at the end of the address??.. Oh .. and Beck.. I knew a ftp expert would come by... Thanks Doug

Comment

Originally posted by dougnez
                        Amanda.. Can one then use anything from FTP?? Photo, file.. whatever~~
                        no need for html at the end of the address??.. Oh .. and Beck.. I knew a ftp expert would come by... Thanks Doug
                        Hey, Doug.

Pretty much, yes. Anything that doesn't need to be published (i.e. anything that is not your web pages) can be uploaded simply using FTP. That could include .jpg, .gif, .mp3, .mp4, .flv, .php, etc. Then you just need to note down the URL, or find it through CPanel, and add it as a hyperlink then Bob's your Uncle.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

the extension would be the format of the pic. If it's jpg, the end would be .jpg and so forth...

Comment

lol! Amanda, didn't know you posted. Your toes aren't hurting, are they? he he

Comment

Originally posted by AmaDee
                              lol! Amanda, didn't know you posted. Your toes aren't hurting, are they? he he
                              Lol No, they are used to it. I've been dancing on here for a very looooowng time. Lol

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                              291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Working...
                              X