X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please help me with cron jobs

I want to run the following file ..

/etc/cron_backup.sh

which is taking backup and emails it to my gmail account .

What is the right command to enter at the cpanel via unix-style ?

Thank you in advance

Re: Please help me with cron jobs

Hi Δημητρη,

I'm not sure about your .sh script. It should be php. In this case, the command should be:

cd '/home/username/public_html/etc/'; php -q 'cron_backup.php' > /dev/null
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Thank you very much , i finally found a very nice php script that it makes backup my database and emails it to my gmail !!!

Comment

Hello,

I tried setting up the cron jobs using the following command line:

" home/azbirjx/public_html/purchase-credits.php "

and

cd '/ home/azbirjx/public_html/'; php -q 'purchase-credits.php' > /dev/null ;

In both cases I received similar emails with the following error message:

To: admin@auditionbase.com
        Subject: Cron <azbirjx@voda22> home/azbirjx/public_html/purchase-credits.php

/bin/sh: home/azbirjx/public_html/purchase-credits.php: No such file or directory

and

To: admin@auditionbase.com
        Subject: Cron <azbirjx@voda22> cd '/ home/azbirjx/public_html/'; php -q 'purchase-credits.php' > /dev/null ;

/bin/sh: line 0: cd: / home/azbirjx/public_html/: No such file or directory

What is the problem and how can it be resolved???

John

Comment

Your command line is wrong: there is a blank space after / and before home so it resuts in the above error.

Correct one: cd '/home/azbirjx/public_html/'; php -q 'purchase-credits.php' > /dev/null ;

Pleeeeease! Dont make multiple posts on the same issue: you posted here, in the CronJobs tutorial, AND in my private messages section!!
          Navaldesign
          Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
          Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
          DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
          Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Thank you Naval design!! your the best!!

Comment

Working...
            X