Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guestbook Question

Hi,
    I hve been struggling with the guestbook for a long time now. I have followed the instructions but just cant seem to get it to work.
    Heres what i have done so far:
    - I opened a new page in BV, clicked on the guestbook button.
    - then in the advanced tab of the gestbook properties - i left the default settings as they are
    - in the page properties dialogue i put the file extension as .php
    - i then saved my page as guestbook and published it
    - according to one of the forum posts they said to go to the webpage and types in a message
    - however when i go to the webpage in the place where the guestbook should appear, I see a blank spot.
    - everything else on the page is visible - as in the navigation bar..
    - the link o the page is
    www.cletabriansilverwedding.com/guestbook.php

can you please please tell me what i am doing wrong.
    Thank you

Re: Urgent help with guestbook

See this tutorial:

http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/blu...uest-book.html

You need to upload 'guestbookdb.php' on your server using BlueFTP, and set the permissions to 777.

I'm still a little unclear on that myself - where is the 'guestbookdb.php' file located before you upload it? I don't know where to find it for uploading.

Comment

you link to you site doesnt even work lol

start over thats what i did for my gestbook and put it on a hole different page and labled the page gestbook that worked for me
      Thanks
      Tim Norden

http://www.twistedpearpromos.com/
      inbox@twistedpearpromos.com/

Comment

How do I stop spammers bombarding my guestbook?

Hello all,

I have installed the bluevoda guestbook and it works perfectly. However, of late I am experiencing problems with spammers bombarding my guestbook.

Does anyone know how spammers can be stopped permenantly from bombarding my guestbook, without me having to login to admin and manually delete them?

Thanks in advance.

MYICE07

www.prayerdeliveranceministries.com
        Not matter what happens this day, may you know that God loves you so much.

Comment

The Viper guestbook found in your control panel under the Fantastico Icon has a moderator mode, meaning you can approve or disapprove the posts before they hit your guestbook. You may wish to try this guestbook out.

I believe with the BV guestbook you can ban url entries which may or may not stop some spanners with their urls ...

VodaHost

Your Website People!
          1-302-283-3777 North America / International
          02036089024 / United Kingdom
          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

How to login to admin Guestbook

Hello I'm a new BlueVoda user and so far so good! I'm so happy to have discovered it.
            I only have a question regarding the guestbook I created - I would like to delete some messages from the guestbook. How do I login to admin?...
            Thanks in advance
            Susie (:
            hippokiu (:

Comment

If you have added the "admin" link to your page, than simply click on that.

If not, type in your browser:

Navaldesign
              Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
              Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
              DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
              Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

I typed in http://www.paulhannaux.com/guestbook.php but I can't delete those 3 messages....
                hippokiu (:

Comment

Go in your BV page and double click the guestbook, check your username and password for the guestbook. Use them to login
                  Navaldesign
                  Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
                  DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
                  Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

sorry I meant that I typed in http://www.paulhannaux.com/guestbook.php?admin=login but I can't get in to delete those 3 messages...

I went back to the BV guestbook and clicked on the "advanced" tab - and ticked on the "show admin link" box and put in my password, but there's nowhere i can put in my username. gees it's 1.09 am here! I'll look out for your reply tomorrow. good night if night time there! susie(:
                    hippokiu (:

Comment

That's because the combination of colours you have used has made the input box invisible. But, believe me, it is there. Just click approx. 1 cm to the left of the "Login" rectangle.
                      Navaldesign

Comment

You were absolutely right. It worked. Thanks a million.
                        hippokiu (:

Comment

ok, hello all,

it is really nice to read other comments, but could we continue on the first and initial question??
                          I'm pulling my hair out here and I don't want to open the same question again on a new thread.
                          Where can we find the guestbookdb.php file??????????????
                          The one and only file I have (on compu & server) is guestbook.php
                          and I can obviously not see my guestbook on the internet.

I just watched the tut. for 3 time again but I'm still non the wiser of where abouts I can find that guestbookdb.php file, and hence I can not upload it with the blueFTP?!?!???????

Help SOS Help Please Please
                          mental breakdown here..................

Karin

www.nativetreasures.co.uk
                          Strangers are possible Friends I haven't met Yet !.!.!

Comment

You don't need to find it. When you publish the page, it will give you, the first time, an error message. Just make a post /something like "Welcome, please sign our guestbook") and the file will be created. (After someone makes a real post, you can delete this one if you like). All will be ok at that point.
                            Navaldesign

Comment

Thanks navaldesign,
                              your sweet ;) but I can not put any text in for starters, because it is not showing up??
                              Strangers are possible Friends I haven't met Yet !.!.!

Comment

Working...
                              X