• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• saving pages

I'm trying to figure out exactly how to save my pages

I understand that:

If my site is called mywebsite.com i would save the home page as "index"

If i had a page called games the link would be mywebsite.com/games and I would save that page as "games"

Now if I had a page leading from the games page called football the link would be mywebsite.com/games/football. What would I save this page as? would I have to include "games" and "football" as the saved name, and if so how would I write it ("games/football"?) or do I just save it as "football" even if the link is mywebsite/games/football.

Thanks

Re: saving pages

Originally posted by AntonyN
    I'm trying to figure out exactly how to save my pages

I understand that:

If my site is called mywebsite.com i would save the home page as "index"

If i had a page called games the link would be mywebsite.com/games and I would save that page as "games"

Now if I had a page leading from the games page called football the link would be mywebsite.com/games/football. What would I save this page as? would I have to include "games" and "football" as the saved name, and if so how would I write it ("games/football"?) or do I just save it as "football" even if the link is mywebsite/games/football.

Thanks
    Not quite but almost ...

The link is the url (address) of your site and the first page of your site does need to be named, saved and published as index

The link (address) then would be http://www.mywebsite.com

Another page - games
    Name, save and publish as games
    The link (address) then would be http://www.mywebsite.com/games.html

Another page - football
    Name, save and publish as football
    The link (address) then would be http://www.mywebsite.com/football.html

You need to apply the .html after the name of the page when typing the link name anywhere. You do not use this .html when naming, saving or publishing your page - Blue Voda does this automatically for you ...

It is good if all pages you create link to and from each other. Makes for easy navigation around your site ...

If this is your main domain - all pages get published to public_html directory (another word for folder) - you will notice this in the publishing box when you do so .

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Re: saving pages

Thanks for the help. Much appreciated. I'm almost ready to publish so your help has come in very handy.

Comment

Working...
      X