Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Inline Frame, Excel file and how to Submit.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inline Frame, Excel file and how to Submit.

My webpage has an Inline frame that open an Excel file. After the "user" changes the items in the Excel file, I want them to hit a submit button and have that excel file sent to an email address. Two questions:

Is this possible, or am I going about this in the wrong way?

and, would the excel file have to be saved first (somehow) and then hit the submit button to send the file to the email address?

Thanks very much for any advice on this.

Ethan

Re: Inline Frame, Excel file and how to Submit.

Yes, it is possible. However, not with excel directly. Have a look at http://www.dbtechnosystems.com/formaexcel1.html

This is a form that was created in excel, and then published as html. The calculations are done using javascript that simulates the excel formulas, so it has all the excel possibilities (calculations, dependednt cell contents etc).

Please note that the spreadsheet values are sent through as classic form info. I mean, the spreadsheet itself is NOT sent to you. Only the input and the output (calculated) values are.

if you wish, test it. If you give the form your real email address, you will receive an email with the values you have given for the quantity, as well as those calculated.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Working...
    X