Text with music

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Text with music

I have some sound files (WAV) that I want to use on some of my pages. I want to have my guests click on a certain bit of text to play the sound file but I can't get this set up!!!
    I've seen this many times on other sites - you click on the underlined word and the sound plays but I can't do it!!! Help!!!!
    sigpic"Keep smiling, it makes people wonder what you're up to."

Re: Can't do what I want to do with my text!!!!

You most likely need some javascript code to start the sound file. And an onClick event for your link. I don't know the javascript code to play a sound, perhaps its on http://dynamicdrive.com

Register/Login Script
    Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

Without wishing to sound really stupid, what's an onClick event??!!!! Will check out that link - thanks!

Comment

Most of the time if you have a simple link to a wav or mp3 file- it will trigger your default media player to play the song. Some people's browsers have that option turned off in their browser. (That may be your problem). *Tools>Internet Options>Advanced Tab> then scroll down to Multi-Media and make sure that there is a check in play sound in web pages.

So- a regular link would look like this:

Watdaflip is correct in that their is Java scripts out their that will play your wav files when people click on them. **Also- that is called an "on-click" event and it is part of Java Scripting.
        PHP- is a blast!

Comment

Re: Text with music

Thanks for that Andy! I can get a regular link working fine - hurray! But to have say some text saying "African Clawed Frog Call" that you click on and it just plays the sound, that's when I need to add script??

Comment

Working...
          X