Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to delete page, replace w PHP page

Hi, marvelous and brilliant group,

I've been off for some time but...I'm back and of course I have questions. I have redone my pages and I am changing the menu to be php, and I found out I cannot publish by ovveriding my prior page. Was told I need to go into cPanel and delete my currently published page, then publish my php page.

Well, I haven't gone into cPanel but once or twice in my lifetime. Could someone instruct me what to do/where to go within it/how to delete my old page...and anything else I must know in order to republish my new page with a php menu?

Many thanks in advance. I'll be back in a couple hrs (it's 10:50 est) to see if anyone might have answered here.

Have a great day,
    Namaste~
    Leeza

Re: How to delete page, replace w PHP page

Hi, go to your C Panel &
    1. click on file manager.
    2. click on the folder next to public_html (not the text)
    3. Assuming your files are all under this area? Find one of your page files & click on the text.
    4. On the right hand side of the page the file details will appear.
    5. You can delete by now pressing the Delete file.
    If you are not sure about the file you are deleting? Click on the url in this area to view.
    NOTE: Its quicker doing this through your FTP. But a warning! You t don’t get a second chance, with the c panel you do.
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

I suggest you don't delete the pages until you have made and published the new ones. There is no reason the other pages need to be deleted first - EXCEPT the index page. In that case, if you publish the php version - it won't be seen until the html version is deleted. But you can publish the php version then delete the html one.
      Beth
      A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
      SEO - The Basics

Comment

Thanks very much Chris, and Bethers...as soon as I know it's ok to delete a page, I'll follow those instrux you gave me Chris, I appreciate them very much! (and don't worry about me doing it thru my FTP cuz I don't even know what that is, lol.
        Leeza

Comment

Working...
        X