Light Box

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Light Box

I am trying pictures with the new lightbox tool. it works but when you close like box it does not go back to the page. It closes the broser.
    The only way to return to page is to use the go back arrow. Is this the way it should work?

Re: Light Box

Originally posted by Lpoling8466 View Post
    I am trying pictures with the new lightbox tool. it works but when you close like box it does not go back to the page. It closes the broser.
    The only way to return to page is to use the go back arrow. Is this the way it should work?
    You must disable your browser's pop up blocker for the lightbox to work correctly.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Originally posted by Lpoling8466 View Post

When you use the light box feature, you must use the CLOSE feature that comes along with it, if you close the page via your browser your site will be lost, do you see the words CLOSE at the bottom of your picture??

VodaHost

Your Website People!
      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Thank you for your help. I did not see CLOSE at the bottom of my picture.
        I will try turning off my popup blocker.

Comment

Hi you don't need to turn off your pop up blocker.

In preview mode, Internet explorer restricts the files until you allow them, this is merely an orange/yellowish bar that goes across the top of your screen, you merely click and allow ... this would apply for all pages that you might have specialty scripts and active items on your page ... it's not a big deal.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Hi, one other little thing with the light box! If you have a lot of images, or they are large in KB’s. You have to wait for the page to finish loading. If you click on an image before all images load, it will quite often open the image in a _self window & when you go to close this window, it will naturally close everything. It’s more than lightly nothing to do with this, but worth a thought. I must admit that I am not sure why this version of the light box was used? The developers make a version that reduces the thumb nail image size & it also doesn’t make the thumbnail images look crinkly. (Must be some sort of technical thing or incompatibility problem)

Good luck.
            Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Chris

There are several options for thumbnail size on the lightbox, and I don't find my thumbnail size that I use (120 x 120) are crinkly ??? I rather like them, lol

VodaHost

Your Website People!
              291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

I corrected the problem. I was testing it in the browser mode and did not click on the yellow strip to turn on active X. When I did that it worked perfect. I use the 90X90 thumnail for my purpose.

Comment

I switched of my pop-up blocker, allow running activex controls, but still it opens in a _self window. I do not understand. I only know of the lghtbox since three days. the first time I tried it it worked fine (at that time I was not a customer of vodahost yet) but sincesince then it only opens in the _Self window.

Please help.

Cheers,

Fred

Comment

Working...
                  X